TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Painted Crow Minions for The Scarecrow Villain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I've been working on other projects and playing my bass guitar a lot so I've not been painting much but I'm back. Here are my crows all painted up.

These crows are from a company called Anvil Industry https://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/birds and they worked out at £4 for four. I ended up buying 3 sets of these for the game which cost me £12 ($16.66) in total. I made the stands out of brass wire and I cut them to different lengths as I thought it would look more realistic having crows circling the board at different heights.
[attachment=2999]
[attachment=3000]
Pros and cons of these miniatures:

Pros
Good value
28mm scale
thematically perfect
excellent detail
easy to paint
easy to clean, good quality resin

Cons:
Only four sculpts but I guess how different could they really be?
No stands or bases.

Overall, I would grade these miniatures as 5/5.
Conclusion:
These are perfect for what I need and simple to paint. (Sprayed black then drybrushed with Dark Reaper then Thunderhawk Blue). I would recommend these.

As always, thanks for looking and please comment
P.S. Coming soon is The Scarecrow villain...Watchmen01
No stands? Did they have predrilled holes or did you have to drill your own?

OD
(06-28-2021 06:48 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]No stands? Did they have predrilled holes or did you have to drill your own?

OD

No stands, the four birds are just attached to a sprue. I had to drill the 1mm holes myself in the birds and the bases. I used x2 30mm lengths of 1mm diameter brass wire (quite pricey for the wire but it doesn't bend easily and it's not so thick it spoils the illusion).
OK-I could not tell from the picture if they at least had predrilled holes. I drilled a hole in my thumb once
doing a flying fig conversion. (what we suffer for our art!).

OD
Super high quality upgrade. I really like it. They look incredibly imposing from the side, where the different heights are clearly visible.
Reference URL's