TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Villian: GOD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry if this offends. This is a twist on the Plagues of Egypt tale. I don't have a card done up for GOD yet, just a new way to play the dial. For every two spaces on the dial a plague is unleashed that last as long as the marker stays on one of those two numbers. Here's what I got so far. Having some difficultly figuring what's the downside to plague of frogs:

10 plagues in AToE

20,19: Plague of Blood: Movement across water requires an additional 2 movements and Bog and Marsh are unexcessible.

18,17: Plague of Frogs:

16,15: Plague of Lice: Hero must roll a D6 at the beginning of each turn. On a roll of 1,2 or 3 the hero takes one wound.

14,13: Plague of Flies: Place a Mesquito Swarm on every named space.

12,11: Plague of Livestock Death: All horses are removed from the game.

10,9: Plage of Boils: No hero may heal themselves.

8,7: Plague of Hail: Fire and Hail rain all across the land. Anytime you end your turn in an outside space you must take a wound.

6,5: Plague of Locust: Place a Locust Swarm on every named space.

4,3: Plague of Darkness: Darkness sweeps the land. All movement is cut in half (minimum of 1) unless holding a fire item.

2,1: Death of the Firstborn: Roll a d6 for every male in the game. On a roll of 1,2 or 3 that male is considered first born and removed from the game. If this removes your character the game is over. You lose!

Let me know if you have any ideas or what you think. Work in progress.

-jack
I'm just wondering what the image for the plague of frogs would look like... I'm picturing the Flying Frog mascot on a white horse with a a bow and arrow.
Love this idea!!!
LOL this is great!
Aw man! Why wasn't this idea ever followed up on!? Fantastic, brilliant possibilities Zombie17
Theme wise it's hard to justify,why would "God" be a villian,it
rather turns the Game on it's head.

It would be making Shadowbrook & the Heroes agents
of Evil.I guess it could be done but the "fit" would be
better to make the God in question be a Pagan one.

Afterall it could just as well be Baal or Dagon,the Plague
bit was rather standard pissed off god behavior.

OD
Death of the firstborn looks a little harsh, as in it can arbitrarily take a player out of the game.
(11-23-2010 09:23 PM)sickboy Wrote: [ -> ]Death of the firstborn looks a little harsh, as in it can arbitrarily take a player out of the game.

And it could discourage anyone from taking a male Hero & give
an unfair boost to female Heros(as they have no corresponding
penalty).

My idea would be to apply it to male Elders,same idea but
it would effect all players .

OD
(11-26-2010 01:21 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]And it could discourage anyone from taking a male Hero & give
an unfair boost to female Heros(as they have no corresponding
penalty).

My idea would be to apply it to male Elders,same idea but
it would effect all players .

That's a much better idea, though it's not as epic as I think the final plague deserves. It's also not as inconvenient to the players as some of the other plagues.

From a game flow point of view, I think it might be a little cumbersome to have so many plagues. I'd be tempted to go with:

20,19: Plague of Locusts: Place a Locust Swarm on every named space.

18,17,16,15: Plague of Frogs: Movement across water requires an additional 2 movements and Bog and Marsh are unexcessible.

14,13,12.11: Plague of Darkness: Darkness sweeps the land. All movement is cut in half (minimum of 1) unless holding a fire item.

10,9,8,7: Plague of Hail: Fire and Hail rain all across the land. For each 'outdoors' space you enter during your move phase roll a D6- for each 1 or 2 rolled take one wound.

6,5,4,3: Plague of Boils: Heroes may only heal at the Doctors Office

2,1: Death of the Firstborn: Roll a d6 for every male elder in the game. On a roll of 1,2 or 3 that male is considered first born and removed from the game.

I've rearranged the order a bit to try and increase the difficulty gradually as it goes. I've also changed the plague of hail- this way it will discourage heroes from moving from corner locations, leaving them the choice of risking wounds by moving, or risking lingering.
Yes, but it also happens at turn 2-1. You've practically lost anyways.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's