TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Another quick question from a newbie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read through the FAQ located at GameBoardGeek.com and now have a question about a fight. So if a zombie player rolls a 6, but the hero has two 6's, what's the outcome?
Does the zombie loose or does the hero?
The FAQ leads me to believe that the Hero would then win.
Zombies win ties, unless the hero has a special ability that notes otherwise.

Meaning if the zombie rolls a six, in most cases, it doesn't matter what the hero rolls.
Thank you that's the way we've been playing unless the hero has a weapon that kills automatically.
It's clarified on page 15 of the rulebook. If the zombie has the higher roll, or is tied for the highest roll (unless the hero wins ties), the hero takes a wound, and that's that. Doubles don't matter. Doubles only matter if the hero fends off the zombie, when they roll higher.

Which weapons are you referring to that kill automatically?
The meat cleaver will indeed kill the zombie on a roll of 6, even if the zombie technically would win the fight because he wins on a tie.
Oh, right. Meat cleaver. Duh.
Okay since I'm still pretty new to the game I have a dumb question... so if I roll double 6's & the Zombie rolls a 6, BUT the hero can win on ties, does that mean the zombie takes a wound OR is the zombie just fended off? Or is it ANY time a Hero rolls doubles the zombie takes a wound...like if I rolled double 5's and the zombie player rolled a 3 or something?

gavindowning Wrote:Zombies win ties, unless the hero has a special ability that notes otherwise.

Meaning if the zombie rolls a six, in most cases, it doesn't matter what the hero rolls.
ONLY if the player can win on ties does the zombie take a wound if they roll a 6 and you roll double 6's.
Okay thats what I thought Watchmen02 I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the quick reply.

bsb

deadandwalking Wrote:ONLY if the player can win on ties does the zombie take a wound if they roll a 6 and you roll double 6's.
I do repeat, however, that the meat cleaver's 6 killing a zombie takes precedence over the normal rules and does not require beating the zombie's rolls.
Reference URL's