TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Card deck limit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was just wondering if there is a card limit for the zombie and hero decks. Do I simply add all of the cards I have from both the LNOE as well as the Growing Hunger expansion together to make 85 Card Decks or is there a rule about that?
you know, i've never been to sure of that myself. answers please!
As far as anyone's ever done, you just add all the cards together. This does reduce the frequency in which some cards come up, but I find it increases the randomness in a good way.

The only thing I recall mentioned about this is that FFG releases the promo cards in sets of two, one for zombies and one for heroes. Those two are supposed to be added together, as they are either of about the same power level or otherwise can be considered to counterbalance one another.
I asked a similar question because as the expansions keep coming out and the deck size increases there is less of a chance of the heroes loosing by running out of cards in the hero deck and being forced to draw a card. Apparently you just add the new cards and not worry about it since the zombies never seem to win by that ruling.

Besides, with creating a deck the odds can be slanted in favor of the heroes in some scenarios like 'save the townspeople' to pulling only 'non-townspeople' cards. I guess there comes an additional problem that with certain corner boards in place and the townsfolk and 'search aid' cards randomly shuffled to the bottom of the deck that the heroes will not be able to win find enough people even if they do nothing but search every turn if the decks keep growing.

The odds of this are really small, but it is possible.

I'm beginning to think I have too much time on my hands....
Even before the expansion/promos came out, my zombies never won by deck-outing the heroes.
I won the game only once by deck-outing the heroes.
It was in my very first game with the scenario Die Zombies Die. My friend played (cowardly) with the heroes and I played zombies.
He had barricaded himself in the sheriffs office desperatly looking for a shotgun.
I just let my zombies wonder around and I had the zombiecard that discards 10 of the hero cards.
That's how I got him to deck-out.

One other time I played the townfolk scenario and the heroes found 4 townsfolk in less than 5 rounds Zombie17

If you find that your deck is to big and it doesn't feel fair anymore, you can always take out a couple of common cards and set them asside.
Just add them in. That is what I do..promo cards, new sets. More cards the merrier! ARRGH!!!!!
Thanks! You have been incredibly helpful. I spent literally 2 hours scouring the internet looking for the answer to this question last night, and couldn't find it anywhere : p
I just add them all the same as the rest.New cards,promos alternates,expansions you name it it gets put in the decks.
It does make for a huge deck but sometimes you can chew through the deck pretty quickly.Other times you may only get a third or half of the way through them.It all depends on the game and the amount of players you have.
Sometimes I'll even divide the decks into separate piles to correspond to certain buildings to make things a little more realistic as to what would be found in that building.It also makes the heroes have to scour the board instead of just holing up in one spot.Like I said all depends on the game or the mood I'm trying to set.
fallensaviour Wrote:I just add them all the same as the rest.New cards,promos alternates,expansions you name it it gets put in the decks.
It does make for a huge deck but sometimes you can chew through the deck pretty quickly.Other times you may only get a third or half of the way through them.It all depends on the game and the amount of players you have.
Sometimes I'll even divide the decks into separate piles to correspond to certain buildings to make things a little more realistic as to what would be found in that building.It also makes the heroes have to scour the board instead of just holing up in one spot.Like I said all depends on the game or the mood I'm trying to set.

Dude, that is a totally awesome idea! It should probably be a 2 or 3 dot rule since you'd loose about 1/8th the hero deck +/- with each 'They've taken over..." card, but it really should be in there!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's