TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: New Player, Need Some Help with Rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a new player and these are just some questions that I have run into while playing. Thanks to everyone that helps out, this is a really great community.

1) A Hero starts his turn in the same space as 2 other Hereos and 5 Zombies. He decides to search and without a ranged weapon has to fight. Does he fight every zombie in his space or are the Zombies divided up evenly?

2) If a Hero is outside of a building can he still give up his turn? Not searching or moving?

3) Can a Hero discard an item like a weapon or must he he keep it?

4) When a Hero is in a building when Taken Over is placed on it does he have to leave that building? Im aware that he may not search while in there.

5) What affect does Lights Out have on Heroes in the building already?

6) If a Hero is carrying two weapons such as a Baseball Bat and a Pitchfork, can they use both in a fight. (one after the other)

7) The Sheriff's ability states that "instead of searching, may find a revolver from the discard pile." Can he use this ability while in the Manor House?
1: If he does that, he fights all 5 zombies. He had the option of leaving the space. (Ranged weapons don't prevent you from fighting, btw. They just give you an extra chance of killing zombies.)

2: He can. You can move up to your movement roll -- which includes zero spaces.

3: I don't recall anything that allows you to discard on a whim. You can discard when you're at your item limit, but only down to your limit. (Otherwise, this can be abused for teleporting guns across the board between players.)

4: Nothing says he must leave. I believe there's one scenario where this is (sadly) a good tactic...

5: Lights out alters the hero's movement inside the building. Any time you move, if you move into any space within a building with lights out, your movement ends. You only move one space at a time in Light's Out buildings. I like to rephrase Lights Out as, "Spaces in the building with Lights Out consume all of your movement points when you enter them from anywhere."
6. A hero may only use one melee weapon, and may only use one ranged weapon.

(The duct tape card coming in the very next expansion will change that, though -- duct tape allows two items to be taped together to be considered one item, and may be used together. The fence post taped to a chainsaw is awfully nice for the heroes...)
Hi,
I am pretty sure that you can use as many melee weapons you can carry.
Last night We had the crazy Father joseph with 2 chainsaws...but despite faith alas the poor father was very unlucky Zombie17

Back to rules there is somewhere in FAQ a mention about using multiple melee weapons, and moreover one of the new upcoming characters Viktor the escaped prisonner has the ability : for EACh melee weapons he carries roll one additionnal fight dice.

The only limitations on weapons is how much you can carry, and only use one RANGED weapon per turn.

cheers

EDIT :
In fact it's not in the FAQ but rules page 15 :

Hero Combat Bonus: Cards

Many Hero Cards (usually weapons) have a Combat Bonus: As part of their game text. These cards may be used by the Hero during a fight for the listed Combat Bonus: effect.

Unless stated otherwise, a Combat Bonus: may only be used once per fight (You may however use more than one Combat Bonus: ).
7: You can only use the sheriff's ability when you are otherwise able to search. If the scenario allows you to search in the Manor, you can. If it does not, you may not.
Agreed with Morgolon, couldn't have said it better myself.
Reference URL's