TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Alternate L-shaped board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was wondering if anybody has designed alternate L-shaped boards. Those empty backsides definitely have some potential. Alternate buildings could be added like research lab, asylum, etc.
I tried to do a contest for one once. I had two entries. People have seemed more interested in making custom center boards.

A particularly difficult part of doing new edge pieces (other than the art!) is you have a narrow range of what you can include to maintain the feel of LNOE. Ie, a research lab wouldn't really fit in with the "remote small town" feel. (I actually dislike the supermarket/hospital tile for that reason.)
mqstout Wrote:I tried to do a contest for one once. I had two entries. People have seemed more interested in making custom center boards.

I've found that thread. Thanks for the recommendation.

mqstout Wrote:A particularly difficult part of doing new edge pieces (other than the art!) is you have a narrow range of what you can include to maintain the feel of LNOE. Ie, a research lab wouldn't really fit in with the "remote small town" feel. (I actually dislike the supermarket/hospital tile for that reason.)

If I had to do some illegal researches (which can potentially go wrong) I'd definitely set up my lab in a "remote small town" in the middle of nowhere. Anyways, research lab was only an example, much more buildings and locations could be added to the game.
ooooh. slaughterhouse.
deadandwalking Wrote:ooooh. slaughterhouse.
I like that idea. I may explore!
The idea of the slaughterhouse seems to be good, but buildings should be implemented to the game in an original way not only to provide an additional place to pick up a meat clever. I mean something similar to the cornfield. Regarding the slaughterhouse it could be something with the frightened cows which could attack zombies on arrival or something like that.

A theme park can be one of the most frightening places but it may not fit here. However a traveling circus would be similar but more realistic choice for an additional building.
Traveling circus is FFP's next game due out. It's aliens-vs-carnies, and supposedly fully compatible with LNOE.
how about neighborhood where every one lives?i me if zombies where coming for the living i would go home first and get some supplys and most likly get trapped in the burbs youknow?
It's not mine, but here's a copy of a seemingly well-done custom. Very interesting; I'll try to playtest it out soon...

The description:

Wax_Museum.pdf (2.19 MB)
The Wax Museum is a great place to hide from zombies, but don't get caught in there with one, because they benefit from the rows of wax dummy decoys just as much as the humans!

Be sure to print without scaling for the best possible match.

And the link:

http://files.boardgamegeek.com/file/down...Museum.pdf
(01-22-2010 02:32 PM)Kalidor Wrote: [ -> ]It's not mine, but here's a copy of a seemingly well-done custom. Very interesting; I'll try to playtest it out soon...

The description:

Wax_Museum.pdf (2.19 MB)
The Wax Museum is a great place to hide from zombies, but don't get caught in there with one, because they benefit from the rows of wax dummy decoys just as much as the humans!

Be sure to print without scaling for the best possible match.

And the link:

http://files.boardgamegeek.com/file/down...Museum.pdf

Link comes up "file not found"
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's