TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Hero Card: I'll see you in Hell! (not you specifically)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How does this card effect the killed hero count? It came up recently that when playing Revenge of the Dead (zombies need to kill 5 heroes) I had killed 4 heroes and the other player wanted to play this card. Technically it wasn't a zombie killing him so we let it go, but should this count as a zombie kill?

Oh and if you're keeping score at home the zombies still won.
We had the same question come up tonight. I argued that the character blew themselves up and that there was nothing left. They still were questioning it.
It counts as a zombie kill, no matter how the hero dies. Otherwise, for instance, Father Joe would never be killed by a Z -- he could always just sacrifice himself to death and prevent that. It happens all the time in my game. The heroes get desperate as the last few turns build up and one of the heroes maneuvers for a gasoline or dynamite explosion -- but fails to survive it, bringing victory to the zombies. This particular card is no different. It's a calculated risk for the heroes.

BTW, as a zombie player, I do always remind them before they make such sacrifices, "If you die, I win."
mqstout Wrote:It counts as a zombie kill, no matter how the hero dies. Otherwise, for instance, Father Joe would never be killed by a Z -- he could always just sacrifice himself to death and prevent that. It happens all the time in my game. The heroes get desperate as the last few turns build up and one of the heroes maneuvers for a gasoline or dynamite explosion -- but fails to survive it, bringing victory to the zombies. This particular card is no different. It's a calculated risk for the heroes.

BTW, as a zombie player, I do always remind them before they make such sacrifices, "If you die, I win."

mgstout makes a good point. If you know see you hell is in the deck then you should explain that using it counts as a zombie kill before the game starts.
mqstout Wrote:It counts as a zombie kill, no matter how the hero dies. Otherwise, for instance, Father Joe would never be killed by a Z -- he could always just sacrifice himself to death and prevent that. It happens all the time in my game. The heroes get desperate as the last few turns build up and one of the heroes maneuvers for a gasoline or dynamite explosion -- but fails to survive it, bringing victory to the zombies. This particular card is no different. It's a calculated risk for the heroes.

Sorry, I've been gone for a while, thanks for the answer. This is how we ended up deciding to play it otherwise players would just Kamikaze their characters with no penalty. I hadn't thought of the Father scenario you described, either. Oddly in all the games I've played I've never drawn the Father to play.
Reference URL's