TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: I hate campers!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hey ya,

I came out with some house rules with my house mates who started avidly play Last night on earth on a weekly basis. We quickly realize we could put in some house rules mainly to avoid this thing called camping...

we divided the hero cards to 4 piles putting each pile on each of the 4 corners of the board. During play. the players who search in buildings on one side of the L shape corner can only take hero cards from that sides deck. We realize that in one game players were camping in one building just collecting cards non stop. Since we put this house rule down, players had to fully use the board to get items. Adding more drama in quest that required them to look for particular items.
Bah, campers ain't that bad I'd say Watchmen02. Unless they are camping with father Joseph and becky in a "pick up : first aid" zone with a usable first aid kit in the discard pile and that the objective is a "survive untill morning".

In my opinion real annoying camping is a rare occurence. And if it happens I say : "Good for the heroes" since they are at a disavantage in the game. (I'd say around 66% win zombies and 33% heroes) Watchmen02
Man, I was hoping this was the name of a new scenario!
Camping is not a problem in our games as I have seen that if you camp, you die.
camping is only a real pain if you dont have vary many zombies at your disposal
(12-09-2010 07:23 AM)huzoozoo Wrote: [ -> ]camping is only a real pain if you dont have vary many zombies at your disposal
In real life I would camp and board up the place, place some traps and pick off zombies from the top floor or roof. Of course having a bomb shelter stocked to the hilt would work best...
(01-30-2010 05:26 AM)Canadian Pittbull Wrote: [ -> ]Camping is not a problem in our games as I have seen that if you camp, you die.

+1
If you are able to camp out for extended periods of time, the zombies just arent very hungry that night. Are you playing zombie cards as fast and furious as possible? Our goal has become to play them as often as possible, and this puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the heroes most nights.
Camping the gun store with two heroes after a couple revolvers or shotguns have been revealed has worked well during escape in the truck. The other players can search in the gun store as well for the new items while the armed ones kill incoming zombies. There are ways around that as well so I don't see it as a huge deal. Depends on the cards and the dice rolls.
i want to know how big everyones HERO deck is? does that play into the camping, as well as what about the gun shop, i get alot of camping around there.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's