TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: General rules questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Played the expansion for the first time yesterday, and it was great but I have a few questions about the mechanics of some of the new rules.

1) What happens when the Survival Decks are depleted? Are they just reshuffled? Is it possible to use a card that let you draw from the discard pile to draw from the Survival Decks discard pile?

2) On Barricades, what happens if there are two perpendicular walls, and only one is barricaded? If a zombie tries to move in diagonally from the corner of the building, do they have to roll for the barricade if only one of the walls is barricaded?

3) Does entering sewers cost one movement point?

4) Duct tape. Is there any bonus to duct taping two items other then it being counted as a single item? Or is that only for the special combinations listed in the rule book? If I duct tape a Fence Post and a Meat Cleaver, do I gain the Meat Cleaver's bonus when I use the Fence Post?

5) This is for the Hero Pack 1. If Stacy doesn't move but ends her turn on a spawning pit, does she take a card? Or does she have to move onto it and end her turn on it? Because right now, whoever plays Stacy tends to camp on a spawning pit, particularly outside, with the logic that they move zero spaces.

6) In Rescue Mission, Townsfolk Allies can be attacked even when in the safehouse, correct?
I wish I could answer. I haven't even gotten my "it's shipped" notifications yet. I'm on pins here waiting for the new games...
Well, since it's been months, the original poster's probably not still looking for the answers, but might as well offer some for anyone else!

ipeefreeli Wrote:1) What happens when the Survival Decks are depleted? Are they just reshuffled? Is it possible to use a card that let you draw from the discard pile to draw from the Survival Decks discard pile?

Cards that have effects on the Hero deck (such as drawing from the discard pile) NEVER have an effect on the Survival decks. I don't remember reading anything specifically, but I don't think the Survival decks are reshuffled, especially considering that even the normal Hero deck is not.

ipeefreeli Wrote:2) On Barricades, what happens if there are two perpendicular walls, and only one is barricaded? If a zombie tries to move in diagonally from the corner of the building, do they have to roll for the barricade if only one of the walls is barricaded?

The rules state that zombies must make the roll for a barricade if EITHER wall connecting to a corner is barricaded. And if either is reinforced, they can only remove a reinforcement marker instead of moving through.

ipeefreeli Wrote:3) Does entering sewers cost one movement point?

Yes. The spaces with the entrance markers are considered adjacent to the interior. So moving from one sewer entrance to another, for instance, is 2 movement points: 1 to move into the sewer, and another to move back out.

ipeefreeli Wrote:4) Duct tape. Is there any bonus to duct taping two items other then it being counted as a single item? Or is that only for the special combinations listed in the rule book? If I duct tape a Fence Post and a Meat Cleaver, do I gain the Meat Cleaver's bonus when I use the Fence Post?

Reducing the carrying cost is the only benefit, except for the specific combinations listed in the rules. No, combining items doesn't cause any stacking of Combat Bonuses. Note, though, that a hero can always use the Combat Bonuses from multiple weapons in one fight, unless stated otherwise.

ipeefreeli Wrote:5) This is for the Hero Pack 1. If Stacy doesn't move but ends her turn on a spawning pit, does she take a card? Or does she have to move onto it and end her turn on it? Because right now, whoever plays Stacy tends to camp on a spawning pit, particularly outside, with the logic that they move zero spaces.

Don't know about this one, because I don't have the Hero Pack. Without knowing more, I'd say simply refer to whether the ability says "ends move" or "ends turn."

ipeefreeli Wrote:6) In Rescue Mission, Townsfolk Allies can be attacked even when in the safehouse, correct?

Yes, provided the zombies make it through the reinforced barricades (i.e., not for a while).
Reference URL's