TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Trip! Card Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the event that a Hero starts inside a building, rolls to move outside of the building, moves, and a Zombie plays Trip! card to make them re-reroll die, is the Hero allowed to roll and then decide to search instead of moving?
The zombie player would have to play Trip before the hero starts moving. Of course, the players have to have reasonable delay between bits to give each other time to play their cards such that it doesn't turn into slapjack "I touched my piece to move already!"

But, yes -- you can always roll your movement die and see its result before you decide to move or search (or heal, if youth) for the turn.

And! Welcome to the boards!
I'm sorry... i think I may have phrased it a little off.

On his turn, he chose to roll and move instead of staying in the buiding and searching. I played my Trip! card, and he rolled again but chose to search instead of move. Is he allowed to search instead moving after I played that card? The wording leads me to believe that he has to move because it says "Play this card on any Hero to *force* them to re-roll their movement dice roll." All five of us are sitting here trying to figure it out :X Sorry to be so confusing!
We play like this. That the heroes are forced to reroll and execute the the new movement roll. The heroes is not allowed to search. Because they went on there way, and then triped so they didn´t get as far. Just like the movie cliché when the character trips and crawls in the dirt. Watchmen02

http://www.spike.com/video/cinemassacre-top-10/3327701
Hi,

In my group we allow the player to change his announced action because the card is usually played just after the roll not after announced action. (sometimes heroes play too fast :rolleyes: )

But it is an interresting question that might deserve official ruling. Watchmen02

Personnally I think that would add a control card that zombie don't need. I like to see puny heroes think they have control :cool:
They're only rerolling their movement die. They can still decide to move, or not to move.
Agreed with mqstout answer. The card only state to re-roll movement die, die that is rolled before the hero decides what he's gonna do.
I'm with pyrrhus. The heroes have already chosen to move instead of searching. If they can just change their mind it negates the point of having the card.
If you go as thegamelord/pyrrhus suggest, once they have decided to move or not, Trip is no longer a valid card to play -- the number's fixed and they're using it.

LNOE, the way the rules are written (loose, open to interpretation, and having free-form timing) really requires everyone playing with each other to have an understanding of openness and cooperation (even if they're cordially competing!) to go smoothly. Gaming groups that don't "get along", are too cutthroat or are generally fast-paced and slap-jacky tend not to get on with this game too well.
once you draw trip start asking if the hero is going to move or search.
Reference URL's