TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Couple of SotF questions. Anybody help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks,

Well we had our first game using Survival of the Fittest tonight and a couple of questions came up:

1) Can somebody please explain the Sledgehammer?

[Image: pic603061_md.jpg]

Maybe we were being a bit thick but we couldn't agree on what the wording meant -

Does the Hero only get to roll the one Fight Dice for the Sledgehammer and if he misses, he doesn't roll any other dice and the zombie gets a free hit?

OR

Does he roll for the Sledgehammer and if he misses he then has a normal fight as per usual rules.

OR

Does he roll for the Sledgehammer and if he misses has a fight with the zombie minus the 1 Fight Dice he rolled for the sledge.

I keep changing my mind on what is meant.

2) How do you treat Townsfolk Allies with regards to explosions? I am assuming that they are treated as you would a Hero or Zombie, if so it could be Game Over quite quickly with an Explosive Zombie and the right roll in the "Rescue Mission" scenario.

[Image: pic603060_md.jpg]
The Sledge Hammer is awesome. While you only roll one (and only one, ever) Fight Dice (if you decide to use it in that combat; which, since it reduces your combat dice, you'd have to decide before rolling in this instance). However, there's a 50% chance of killing any zombie you fight with it (4+). Basically, it reduces ALL fights down to 50% chance to kill zombie instantly (instantly is clarified well in the FAQ -- no healing it, etc). Should you not kill it with that 4,5,6, you resolve the fight (with your one Fight Dice) normally, fending on a higher result. Note that the Zombie's roll doesn't matter unless you don't roll 4,5,6.

I have not used Townsfolk Allies nor played that scenario yet. I'll refrain from answering at this point. Other than I believe "model" is defined as a zombie or an actual plastic hero?
Cheers MQS.

Now you say it clearly it makes sense.

Many thanks.
I'm pretty sure Townsfolk Allies are considered heroes in regards to cards like this.

But I'm not positive. Good question.
Reference URL's