TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Fight order and instant kill
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
But...um...you can't use an event or ability if you are dead. And if someone rolls a 6 and has the cleaver, that's precisely what you are. Immediately dead as soon as the die hits the table.

Unless, of course, I'm wrong.

Which I'm not.

:p
Take a look at the back cover of the Growing Hunger rulebook, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Quote:

Instantly Killed - "When a model is 'instantly' Killed, it immediately fills all of its Health Boxes with wound markers. These wounds MAY be prevented as normal. If not, the model is removed and any Fight they were in is ended without being Resolved. If a weapon 'instantly' Kills on a certain roll during a Fight (Ex. On the roll of 6), the instant Kill must be worked out before any other fight cards are played to re-roll, add dice, or cancel the Fight, etc."

End Quote

So wounds from an 'instant' Kill MAY be prevented as normal, which would mean via Event cards that prevent wounds, or by any ability a hero or Zombie may have. (i.e. - Bloated Body) You just can't use Fight Cards to re-roll, add dice, or cancel.

Pretty cut and dry.
SlickJ1 Wrote:Take a look at the back cover of the Growing Hunger rulebook, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Quote:

Instantly Killed - "When a model is 'instantly' Killed, it immediately fills all of its Health Boxes with wound markers. These wounds MAY be prevented as normal. If not, the model is removed and any Fight they were in is ended without being Resolved. If a weapon 'instantly' Kills on a certain roll during a Fight (Ex. On the roll of 6), the instant Kill must be worked out before any other fight cards are played to re-roll, add dice, or cancel the Fight, etc."

End Quote

So wounds from an 'instant' Kill MAY be prevented as normal, which would mean via Event cards that prevent wounds, or by any ability a hero or Zombie may have. (i.e. - Bloated Body) You just can't use Fight Cards to re-roll, add dice, or cancel.

Pretty cut and dry.

Well, crap. It appears I was, indeed, wrong. I was going off of the FAQ, which I already quoted where Jason explains that if a zombie is instantly killed, they "don't even get the chance to play any cards." This seems slightly contradictory to the instructions that you quoted. But, seeing as how your quote comes from something printed on the official instructions and mine comes from the internet, I'm going to assume that you're right on this one. I'm wondering if maybe the F.A.Q. was answered before Growing Hunger became available. In any case, the humble pie is mine.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's