TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Building encounters/abilities/deck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In another thread I had an idea for a "Building Deck", comprising cards for each of the Buildings in the game. What I have in mind is that the LNOE Buildings could work somewhat like locations in Arkham Horror, or even in A Touch of Evil, where certain buildings/locations provide specific encounters or abilities. The cards would be set just off the board next to each building as a reference for that. This isn't really meant to supercede or step on the Pick Up abilities of each location, but then again, I always thought that the LNOE locations could use more characterization than the Pick Ups offer. I suppose a rule could be added where you can use either the Pick Ups in a game or the Building Abilities, but if you use them both, then that adds dots for the Heroes. But anyway, here are some of the specific ideas I came up with...

One example could be: "HOSPITAL: Spend 3 Movement Points to Heal one Wound." To me, Movement Points sort of represent not only speed and agility, but also time, energy and focus... especially now with 5+ on Movement giving you Survival Tactics or Unique Items. So I'm thinking that perhaps Movement Points could be used as sort of a commodity for enacting the special abilities of buildings. So if you were in the doorway outside of the Hospital and rolled a 4, you could spend 1 Movement Point to move in to the Hospital and then 3 Movement Points to Heal a Wound.

Another example could be "CHURCH: Spend 3 Movement Points to bless another Hero, giving them an extra Fight Dice until the end of the turn." So that would function as sort of an ad hoc Faith card.

Now, I don't think Movement Points would always need to be the commodity for enacting these abilities... sometimes, perhaps a keyword might do it. For example, any Hero with keyword "Student" gains one Fight Dice while in the High School. Or some locations might require you to discard an Item or take a Wound or something like that to enact the ability.

So... with that in mind... any ideas for the other buildings, or thoughts/suggestions about this idea in general?

Here is a list of all the buildings...

L-Board 1
General Store
Gun Shop
The Plant

L-Board 2
The Bank
Junkyard
Gas Station

L-Board 3
Church
Police Station

L-Board 4
Airplane Hanger
Hospital
Diner

L-Board 5
The Barn
Farmhouse

L-Board 6
Highschool
Gym

L-Board 7
Drug Store
Super Market
Post Office

L-Board 8
Library
Antique Shop
The Factory

Locations
The Manor House
Road Out of Town
Graveyard
Morgue
Cornfield
Freezer
My ideas... some of them can be a bit overpowered or need readjusting, almost all of them give up the searching/movement while others just remain in play as long as the heros are in that building.

General Store -> You can take a wound to search for any item

Gun Shop -> While in the gunshop, guns gain +1 to hit and -1range.

The Bank -> The hero may inmediately discard any item to draw 2 hero cards.

Junkyard -> You gain resourceful as long as you are in the junkyard.

Gas Station -> If you ignite a gas marker in the gas station, it blows up, killing zombies inside with 5+ and heroes with 2+.

Church -> play faith on a single hero during this turn

Police Station-> While on the police station, law characters win an additional fight dice.

Airplane Hanger -> While in the hangar, your flare gun always hit and gain 2 range.

Hospital -> Roll a D6, heal a wound with 4+, heal all the wounds with 6 (you can’t do it if you have zombies in your space)

Diner -> Recover one wound if the building doesn’t have zombies inside.

The Barn -> Add 1 to your highest fight dice as long as you have a pitchfork

Farmhouse -> Search for Farmer Sty or Jeb cards, if Jenny you can take both at the same time (only usable once per game)

Highschool -> While in the higschool, the hero win on ties as long as he or she is a student, If Johnny he can substract 1 to the zombie highest roll.

Gym -> Weapons can’t break but you can only add their abilities once per fight.

Drug Store -> All adults win on ties against zombies.

Super Market -> Take a wound to take any event card form the hero deck.

Post Office -> While in the post office, all the strange characters win an additional fight dice.

Library -> Discard an item to get the first event card revealed from the hero deck.

Road Out of Town -> roll a D6, if you get a 6 you get reinforcements from outside (you heal all wounds, take the first 2 items revealed in the hero deck and kill d3 zombies).

Graveyard -> Zombie mind: Reveal the zombie deck until a fight card is revealed, the hero can use that bonus for that turn.

Morgue -> Look at the 4 top cards of the zombie deck, discard 2. This action can’t be done with zombies in your space.
Reference URL's