TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Some doubts in our latest game...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We were playing: We've got to come back and we found some doubts:

- Rachelle encounter a zombie in the police station, zombie used fighting instints before the fight dices are rolled and took garden shears from the discard pile, then the player used deputy taylor and cancelled the fight before the fight dices were rolled, were the garden shears and fighting instints cards discarded? could we cancel a fight before fight dices are rolled?

- Can despair discard laying down the law?

- Can a zombie use "undead hate the living" or "bitten" during ranged attacks?

- We think this scenario is favoured to the heroes, the 12 starting cards make them very powerful against maximum 14 zombies on the board. Can we use zombie horde or autospawn to make it equal? Have you experienced this scenario with the same view as me?

Thanks for the answers
Lyude Wrote:We were playing: We've got to come back and we found some doubts:

- Rachelle encounter a zombie in the police station, zombie used fighting instints before the fight dices are rolled and took garden shears from the discard pile, then the player used deputy taylor and cancelled the fight before the fight dices were rolled, were the garden shears and fighting instints cards discarded? could we cancel a fight before fight dices are rolled?

- Can despair discard laying down the law?

- Can a zombie use "undead hate the living" or "bitten" during ranged attacks?

- We think this scenario is favoured to the heroes, the 12 starting cards make them very powerful against maximum 14 zombies on the board. Can we use zombie horde or autospawn to make it equal? Have you experienced this scenario with the same view as me?

Thanks for the answers
which scenario did you use?
We've got to go back! the web scenario from flying frog.
Fighting Instincts: I would say that, yes, Fighting Instincts goes away. If you'd like, think of it as the Deputy got in the way and took the shears for Rachelle...

Despair: Yes, it can. It's a hero card. (Just like Father Joe's ability can cancel remains in play zombie cards too! There is, however, a card or two that work only on cards that are Remains in Play.) On any normal hero, he'd have to Despair it as it's played -- once he lets it go through "to take effect", it's no longer around to cancel. On a Law Enforcement hero when it's Remains in Play, he can use Despair to try to cancel it at any time.

Undead hate the living: No. No fight dice exist to reroll.

Bitten: No. There was not a fight.

Scenario: Haven't played it yet and don't have time at the moment to respond. I may later if no one else has by then.
Thanks Mqstout Zombie03

Poor Deputy taylor, he got some garden shears in his neck xD
Lyude Wrote:We've got to go back! the web scenario from flying frog.

This is my favorite scenario. I have played it many times and the heroes have only won once! 12 cards does seem like alot but trust me, if the zombies start moving in quickly you will see those cards start flying out of the heroes hands. One thing you can try is choosing your heroes at random. That will eliminate those players from picking which seems to be the standard Rachelle, Taylor, Johnny, etc. etc. I find it makes the player using heroes think more if they have to play someone their not "use" to.
Good luck!
Yep, maybe we'll d it random also.

We have choosed Rachelle, Victor, Amanda and Sam.

Amanda just to pass through the pitch points xD
Reference URL's