TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: noob question on pick up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Played 1st game last night. Awe some but I had a question. When a hero moves in to a building with a pick up(i.e. police station with the shotgun) does the player immediately get the card or do you have to wait until the start of your next turn and search instead of moving? Hope that makes sense. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
You have to wait, because you can't move and search (include pick up) at the same time.

By the way, if you are using growing hunger dot system, there is one advantage called (free search) that allow you to move and then search if you finish in a building (once x building).

If you aren't using growing hunger, then you can move, search (or pick up) or use youth ability (if your hero is student).
Thanks for the clarification.
The only thing I would just add to Lyude's answer is for clarification a building's Pick Up can only be used if there is the relevant Item Card in the Hero discard pile.

So in the case of the Police Station, a Shotgun must have already been discarded before it can be picked up there.

You can't look through the deck for the card.
Well, that's normally correct, unless your playing with "Well Stocked" rules.
Reference URL's