TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Father Joseph
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there, I have a question that I couldnt seem to find an answer to, hope you guys can shed some light for me.

Is the good father really able to use his special ability to cancel any and every zombie card played durring the game? We had a game going the other day with 2 hero players and 2 zombie players and the other zombie and I couldnt get a card on the table without the father canceling them out.

I know he can use it to help out any player in the game but is there a limit to the number of times it can be used durring a turn phase?
The limit is governed by his wounds. He has to take a wound BEFORE rolling to see if he cancels and he must get a 3 or more. Therefore from full strength, he could only attempt cancels 4 cards and the fourth one would kill him.

Here is the official answer from the LNoE Wiki:

Quote:Q11: How does Father Joseph’s Strength of Spirit ability work?

A11: Strength of Spirit may be used at any time to attempt to Cancel a Zombie Card being played or that ‘Remains in Play’. Father Joseph first takes a wound and then rolls to cancel the Zombie Card on the roll of 3+. He may use this ability even if doing so will take his last wound, killing him (you are still allowed to roll to see if the card is cancelled). He may also use this ability multiple times to try and cancel the same card (assuming he failed the first time by rolling a 1 or 2).

He may even use this ability during a Fight. This is especially useful if he is about to lose a Fight and take his last wound. He may instead, voluntarily take his last wound to try and cancel an existing Zombie Card (sort of a ‘with his last breath’ notion).

The Wiki can be found at: LNoE Wiki
Father Joe is indeed that strong. Zombie67 clarified it nicely. Remember, the heroes should be randomly selected in most instances. Otherwise, you'll always see Father Joe being selected.
Reference URL's