TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Pick or Draw heroes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just wanted a count on how most people handle this. Do you let the hero team pick the heroes they want or make them draw random?
We've had a few spotty threads here and there and the consensus has always been "draw them randomly most of the time". Once in a while, picking them is good (and I believe one of the scenarios wants you to pick them?) for a break, but drawing them is more fun. Otherwise, who would ever pick poor <insert character your group finds weak here>?

We do have a house rule: If the same character gets drawn for two games in a row, I'll let them re-draw if they want.
draw them! it's more funny.

Only one scenario come to my memory that let you pick your characters (we've got to go back)
ALways draw them randomly in my games since that is part of the strategy of the game. Picking (to me) is cheating.
Always draw, well apart from the last game when I wanted to "try-out" the Hero Pack 1 Heroes.

Drawing brings an added dimension to the survival realism....

"In a Zombie Invasion you don't get to pick a team, you work with what you are given!"
We actually pick in our games. But then, we like the story aspects of the games, and we always try to explain what's going on in story-terms in our games. We find there's about a 1::1 ratio for hero and zombie wins.
We always do it at random.
I tried to let my group pick at first, but while I myself was always anxious to mix it up and try new characters, my friends tended to settle on one favorite character, which led to games getting a bit boring and repetative. I make them all draw random now, but allow them to trade amongst themselves once drawn.
Yep, the random draw is how we do it too....

Although it seems like EVERYTIME we get that damnable Priest!
Since getting SOTF and the Hero Pack, the Heroes have not won once in about 7-8 games played (and have lost two of those games in only 5-6 turns), so at this point I'm looking for any help I can get as the Heroes... and choosing specific ones would seem to help with certain scenarios. It hasn't helped that much, though, as they've still lost the last few games, but at least in theory it should give you a better chance to pick a specific team.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's