TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Painted HP1 Heroes & Grave Weapons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: SotFHeroes.jpg]

[Image: BarbedWire.jpg]

The one on the left was painted as a convict and I imagined he got caught on the wire trying to escape.

[Image: BloatedBodies.jpg]

The one on the left was getting ready in the morning when he was attacked and bitten, hence the pyjamas and fluffy pink slippers. I painted the one on the right as a kind of hard-boiled detective.

[Image: Crawlers.jpg]

Another convict on the left and the one on the right is meant to be a Vietnam vet.

[Image: Machete.jpg]

Nothing sprung to mind with these, so just generic zombie colours.

[Image: Pitchfork.jpg]

Again generic colouring but I really liked the way the left zom's jacket and jeans came out.

[Image: RustyAxe.jpg]

The guy on the left died sometime during the 80s probably whilst watching Miami Vice. Very happy with the old suit of the right hand zombie.

[Image: Sickle.jpg]

With the sickle and the outfit I had to paint one of these as Chinese, hence the left hand one. The right one is meant to be in kind of hospital scrubs.

One thing I have done differently this time from my older LNoE minis is to use Gloss Varnish and I really like the way it brings out the colours. Matt varnish whilst maybe a bit more realistic, dulls the colours somewhat.

Well, hope you like them.

I am about to attempt to come up with some Grave Weapon Zombies for the 4 other cards - Recently Dead, Blood Spray, Explosive and Stench of Death. If I am happy with them I'll post them.

Also, I have some ideas for HP1 Zombie Heroes, this time using miniatures from Hasslefree and Studio. Once I have got them and painted them, I'll post them too.
These are fantastic! Don Johnson's wardrobe guy wins for me!

Gloss works better for gaming pieces as well, it's a bit tougher than matte finish. I prefer the dull, flat look, but that's because overall, I'm basically dull and flat.

This is the first time I've even seen the miniatures from these sets....I guess it's high time to get my own!!
Thanks Vike.

Everything will be in gloss from now on.
Question: Why are 50% of those new hero's carrying Pipe Wrenches?

I didn't noticed the stripped leggings the first go 'round. Very nice!

If you don't mind a bit of unsolicitated critique....I think you're minis would really 'pop' if you 'dark-lined'. It really helps to define the different areas.
supervike Wrote:Question: Why are 50% of those new hero's carrying Pipe Wrenches?

You'd have to ask FFP? Zombie03

Quote:I didn't noticed the stripped leggings the first go 'round. Very nice!

Thank you.

It was the 3rd attempt

One of the things I have been able to do better since getting my glasses is stripes.

Quote:If you don't mind a bit of unsolicitated critique....I think you're minis would really 'pop' if you 'dark-lined'. It really helps to define the different areas.

Never done it before. Care to explain? Watchmen02
Ok, let me first say I don't want to sound like a know-it-all jerk. I like this technique, and use it myself. It's not the only way of doing things by any means.

Darklining or blacklining can be done a few different ways.

I tend to do it as a last item, this tutorial does it right after priming:

http://www.jenova.dk/Blacklining.htm

When I do it, I take thin ink or paint (brown or black) and just paint whereever two different areas meet...(ie the skin meets the clothing)....Too black of paint, and too thick of a line will give you a 'cartoony' look, so I try to do very thin lines, often using a muddy mixture. I also may have to do a second coat, since my mixture is so thin. Of course that helps in getting it in the right area. If it's too much, you can always use your base color to hide it more....

It really is just a preference thing, but I think it helps give definition to the miniatures. When you're dealing with such a small scale, exaggerating definition is what makes minis really 'pop'.

Some folks just prime the minis black, and then leave a line of black showing. I don't care for black underprimer, so I usually use a grey. I've done it the way Jenova does, but I always ended up redo-ing it in the end, so I just switched to a final touch type thing.
I love the zombie in his rode, ha ha ha
Awesome good job pal.
That is some awesome work!!! Especially the Pyama dude and detective. Also the heroes are superb. I am impressed (And wish I was you ... Zombie03 )
Reference URL's