TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Few Questions here.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1st. Does Billy get a extra move space in "Lights Out"?

2nd. How exactly does Zombie Hunger work?I realize if a hero is in an adjacent space the zombie must move on the hero and can't move off a hero but does it mean that the zombies must move in the direction of the closes hero or can they move randomly around the board until the are adjacent to a hero then the zombie hunger kicks in?

3rd. In "Plague Carries" the red zombies do not move at all besides for zombie hunger 2 spaces? So they have to stay in the buildings till a hero is within 2 spaces?
1. Please take careful reading of "Lights Out". It's very commonly misinterpreted: Any Hero moving into a space within this building immediately ends their move. (Emphasis mine.)

If they're adjacent to a door, they can move out freely. Lights Out only matters when you move into any space within the building (from anywhere). If you do that, your move is over.

That said: Billy's Track Star ability does not affect this in any way. It makes no difference if he had 1 or 1,000,000 on his movement roll. If he moves into a space that's in a Lights Out building, it ends his movement.

2. Zombie Hunger is only relevant when a hero is adjacent (or, with one of the variant rules in Growing Hunger, within 2 spaces). If there's a hero adjacent, the zombie must move into his space if possible (some few cards prevent zombie movement). If there are multiple heroes adjacent, the zombie player has the choice of where to move. If there is no hero adjacent, the zombie moves however he pleases.

Note that Zombie Hunger is mostly a tactical ability for the HEROES to use to move the zombies how they want. A stronger or better-equipped hero can draw the zombies away from an injured one, or they can lure zombies out of a building to prevent it from being occupied. Hunger is a restriction on the Zombie player.

3. You are correct. Plague Carriers in that scenario only move when there is a hero nearby. The wording in the rulebook also says "only", so zombie event cards that would move a zombie cannot be used on them.
Thanks. Let me explain the Billy problem: Billy was in a building, then a lights out was placed on that building he was 1 space from the door, can he only move one space (leaving him still in the building) or can he add 1 after that move which would move him out of the building?
He can only move one space. His +1 movement affects the result of the die roll and nothing more. Like I said, it doesn't matter if the hero has 1 movement or one million: if they move into a space that is Lights Out, their movement ends.

(This makes Billy quite a strong hero if using the Survival of the Fittest expansion that gives extra things depending on the movement die roll, btw.)
Thanks, thats what I thought but Billy did not of course.Zombie03
Reference URL's