TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Just got my first Studio Miniatures...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
... and boy am I pleased!!

I bought the Zombie Horde 2 which comes with the free "Bub" mini.

First off the service is very fast, I ordered on Thursday and received them this morning. Also, I emailed them with a question and got a very quick and friendly response.

Secondly the packaging is amazing and sets the tone straight away. They sent the lot in a VHS box with appropriate sleeve:

[Image: StudioMiniatures.jpg]

The sculpts are wonderful as anyone who has seen the various Studio Miniatures threads will know. They are quite clean will only take minor cleaning of flash etc..

The thing that I really love is the extra details that wasn't first apparent on the website pictures, things like a girl Z' with a Smiley-face backpack & beret, one Z' has a shotgun rammed right through his body in through the front and out the back and another is so decayed that you can see his entrails at the front and his spine at the back.

Can't wait to get painting on them and this will complete my HP1 Zombie Heroes. I will, of course, post pictures when I do.
They look great! What fun. I can't wait to see the finished products.

I have the shakiest hands on the planet and I can't paint a thing... that's why I hit up Supervike for all my painting needs. In fact, I have a bedroom that's in need of being painted... OH SUPERVIKE!!!
Ah! Nice try!!!! But I take forever to paint those little teensy figures, can you imagine how long it would take me for a whole room? Plus, I only use tiny brushes! (no jokes about having small things in my hands either....)

I def. have to get those Studio Miniatures...I have the first two sets (each with it's own VHS clamshell) But, I better get those painted before I spend any more $$$$$....

I'm sure Zombie62 will have them done before the night is over....LOL
supervike Wrote:I'm sure Zombie62 will have them done before the night is over....LOL

Well, I'm no sure about Zombie62 but I have cleaned, primed and base-coated the skin of most of them.

[Image: ZombieHorde.jpg]

I have also applied Milliput to 2 of them. To make a handbag and to extend the hair of one for the Stacy Zombie Hero and handcuffs and sleeves tied around the waist of the one for Victor Zombie Hero. Have to leave them for a couple of hours and then I can prime them.

Great use for Blutak, holds them nicely while they dry. Also, I have a big blob of BT on the end of an old Vallejo paint pot which I stick the mini in to make holding easier when painting.

Just to add to my earlier post, the decayed Zombie with his spine showing is actually a pirate and has a hook for his hand...either that or he was going to a costume party when he was bitten. Zombie17
ARRRGH!

You are like a painting and modelling machine!

BTW...Back on that early shift for the next few weeks....hopefully that will give me 'gaming' time.
Cool! Maybe see you online later tonight.

Just an update all minis are now drying after a green ink wash over the skin.

More updates to come. Zombie03 Zombie17 Zombie17
UPDATE:

[Image: ZombieHordeUpdate1.jpg]

Now had a dry-brush of Dead Flesh.

That's it for a bit and off to have dinner. Next comes some more highlights and then clothing base-coats. Watchmen02
Looking good Zombie! And those are great looking sculpts too!
Looks like the Social Dancing elective I had in College:P

OD
Old Dwarf Wrote:Looks like the Social Dancing elective I had in College:P

OD

Zombie17 Zombie17 Zombie17

Now, you said that, I looked at the picture again and it looks like line dancing -

"Don't tell me heart, my achey breaky heart!"

Seem an appropriate song!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's