TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Frank Frazetta RIP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just read the sad news the one of the true masters of fantasy art, Frank Frazetta has passed away:

http://whatisthetrend.net/frank-frazetta...10691.html

I worked back in the Eighties for Virgin and we stocked a lot of fantasy art books and Frazetta's work always stood out for me. I especially loved his work for Conan:

[Image: FrankFrazetta-Conan-the-Adventurer-.jpg]

and the great cover of Vampirella #1:

[Image: vampirella-_1-cover-forrest-j-acker.jpg]

RIP

Just found some amazing statues of Frazetta's work, amongst others, at ReelArtStudios and this blew me away:

Original Art-

[Image: icegiants.jpg]

Statue-

[Image: SnowGiants-02.jpg]

Yours for $350 +p&p.
Great artist. But I'll save my $350. Zombie03
Alas my personal favorite "Moon Maid"is sold outInsane19

OD
Always been a big fan of Frazetta's...

I used to work at a cigar store/magazine shop, and in the basement they had a bunch of great posters of Frazettas best stuff.

I still have those posters (almost 25 years later) in fact two of them (the frost giants from above, and a fantastic Dracula v. Wolfman) I put in poster frames and hung them in my art room.

For my money, they're hasn't been a fantasy artist better at capturing that rawness that he has. Sad loss indeed.
Another loss! I find that our generation that has grown up with all of those artists and entertainers throughout the years are going to start seeing them all pass as we ourselves get older. It really starts to put more of a realization of your own mortality into perspective when you think back to when you were a kid and seeing this stuff for the first time back in the 70's through the 80's.

RIP Mr. Frazetta.
Reference URL's