TheZombieGame.com Forums
Pace O' Game - players or the game - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Last Night on Earth (/Forum-Last-Night-on-Earth)
+--- Forum: LNoE General Discussion (/Forum-LNoE-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Pace O' Game - players or the game (/Thread-Pace-O-Game-players-or-the-game)

Pace O' Game - players or the game - kosmium - 09-29-2008 12:30 AM

Here is a point of discussion, looking for feedback.

I know each scenario is different, but I was wondering if people would volunteer how long it takes to perform a scenario.
Example -
Kill All Zombie: 2 hours (played a couple times)
Defend the Manor: 2.5 to 3 hours (played 4 times)

The rules and website say the game should take 60-90 minutes. Any time we play the game it seems to take much longer, say 2 to 3 hours. Some of our slowness may be due to one or two people we play with take some time figuring out what to do (for reference, they can take a long time).

Has anyone else run into this? I'm trying to check if it is the game or the people I play with. If it's the game, that is fine, still like the game, but if it is the people, I might institute a timer. Thoughts or suggestions to speed it up?

RE: Pace O' Game - players or the game - mqstout - 09-29-2008 01:30 AM

Most of mine go towards 2 hours.

RE: Pace O' Game - players or the game - deadrabbit - 09-29-2008 04:19 AM

dude my turns take for ever, we try to plan like ten turns ahead. id say itll take like ten minutes for the humans to take all there turns without fighting add like 5 if you gota roll alot, and it takes like 5 mins without fighting with zombies. any longer then that is getting outa hand.

but there are people who take two second turns and dont think ahead, makes for quicker game play but those people usually die. depends who your playing with.

RE: Pace O' Game - players or the game - energizercoony - 09-29-2008 07:31 AM

deadrabbit Wrote:dude my turns take for ever, we try to plan like ten turns ahead. id say itll take like ten minutes for the humans to take all there turns without fighting add like 5 if you gota roll alot, and it takes like 5 mins without fighting with zombies. any longer then that is getting outa hand.

but there are people who take two second turns and dont think ahead, makes for quicker game play but those people usually die. depends who your playing with.

I like to throw an egg timer into the mix for turns. Throws that extra suspence of creeping doom at the players and keeps things MOVING. Lol.

RE: Pace O' Game - players or the game - shadow - 09-29-2008 12:34 PM

Our games usually take 2-3 hours too.
I thought it was just us.

RE: Pace O' Game - players or the game - supervike - 09-29-2008 01:09 PM

Almost all of our games have fallen right around 1h 30 -1 hr 45

Most of our games are only with two people.