TheZombieGame.com Forums
need help with cost of new 'dot' item for weapon pickup - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Last Night on Earth (/Forum-Last-Night-on-Earth)
+--- Forum: LNoE Variants (/Forum-LNoE-Variants)
+--- Thread: need help with cost of new 'dot' item for weapon pickup (/Thread-need-help-with-cost-of-new-dot-item-for-weapon-pickup)

need help with cost of new 'dot' item for weapon pickup - soundguy - 11-17-2010 08:47 PM

ok.. have been playinh more, and overwhelmingly my set of players are constantly complaining about their lack of ability to get hand weapons.

I tried explaining that it is a luck based system, and did point out that they have had plenty of game sessions where they beat the zombie player in 3 or 4 turns due to amazing luck.. like.. all the players searching and finding a 'mission item' on their first try.. etc.

in any case.. I'm trying to come up with 1 of 2 ideas.. or maybee both.

idea 1, modify the free search markers .. right now there are searches, a new townsfolk hero, and a couple zombie encounters. was thinking of adding a mark to one of the search tokens so that it could be somehting like ' flip thru deck till you find a hand weapon, shuffle rest of deck'.. etc.
perhaps doingthis as a freebee if they do the search markers. it has the ability to help the zombie player by them discarding cards from the hero deck, even though they do get a 'prize'.

idea 2,

say.. for 1 dot cost? pick a building at random ( or if hero / zombie choice rolled, could even be an outdoor tile ), place a supply marker there. when a hero moves to this square and searches, discard the supply marker and instead search thru the hero deck and pull 1st hand weapon found, then reshuffle deck ( no cards discarded)

maybee as a 2 dot, leave the supply marker there? or make it 'exhaust' check after the first use.. like a pistol.. like exhaust on a 2.. kinda like well stocked buildings?

need help here guys. I'm afraid my gamers are gonna stop playing as much if they don't at least have the option of perhaps getting a hand weapon ...

I mentioned that lately they have been doing hte harder missions that are getting large zombie horde ( 21) and autospawn.. so there are a decent number of zombies on the board.. couple that with bad draws and they are whining alot Watchmen02 I mentione dthey may want to tone it back a bit and choose lesser missions with lower horde.. like 14 regular and no autospawn.

they like the survival tactics, and i like grave dead.. pretty much 2 we always choose.. etc.

other ideas might be a 'cache' of hand weapons... perhaps like draw 3 hand weapons from deck ( random) and place those cards face down on random buildings and first person to search there gets them as a pickup that turn.. maybee a dot cost involved? or again.. like the search markers.. if they buy that.. throw in a dot or two with hand weapons on them

ideas?