TheZombieGame.com Forums
Fresh meat.... - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (/Forum-Introduce-Yourself)
+--- Thread: Fresh meat.... (/Thread-Fresh-meat--1388)

Pages: 1 2

Fresh meat.... - flightmek25 - 11-29-2010 10:14 PM

Just joined the forums today and wanted to drop in and say hello to all of you ghouls out there!

LNoE is the main game I play by Flying Frog, though I own Touch of Evil and plan on investing in Invaders after the holidays. Last Night on Earth is an outstanding game. The simplicity of its rule set combined with its movie-like drama make it the #1 game for my family and I this holiday season. I usually sit in the chair of the zombies (have never played the heroes) and have at it. I just started painting my figures and will probably post pictures once my set is complete.

Thanks for listening and hey......what's that behind you?! Zombie22

RE: Fresh meat.... - Emp - 11-29-2010 10:21 PM

Welcome

RE: Fresh meat.... - mqstout - 11-29-2010 10:21 PM

Welcome to the forums. If you like LNOE, you'll probably also like IFOS -- it uses much the same basic rule set.

RE: Fresh meat.... - flightmek25 - 11-29-2010 10:28 PM

(11-29-2010 10:21 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Welcome to the forums. If you like LNOE, you'll probably also like IFOS -- it uses much the same basic rule set.

I heard that. Also heard something about being able to mix the two systems. Have you done this yet? If so, how was it?

RE: Fresh meat.... - soundguy - 11-29-2010 10:53 PM

Welcome. glad to have more ... bRaInS... around here.

soundguy

RE: Fresh meat.... - mqstout - 11-29-2010 11:18 PM

I have not yet done that, but the rules are in the IFOS rulebook for mixing them. Probably the next IFOS game day we do. Last weekend was Magic, this weekend will be ATOE and next weekend is supposed to be roleplaying... It could be a while.

RE: Fresh meat.... - soundguy - 11-29-2010 11:22 PM

magic.. whoo.. there was a real money pit. got in at beta.. stayed in till 5th, got out.. bot back in a 9th.. got back out last year... oof!

soundguy

RE: Fresh meat.... - flightmek25 - 11-29-2010 11:53 PM

(11-29-2010 11:18 PM)mqstout Wrote:  I have not yet done that, but the rules are in the IFOS rulebook for mixing them. Probably the next IFOS game day we do. Last weekend was Magic, this weekend will be ATOE and next weekend is supposed to be roleplaying... It could be a while.

Whew....sounds like you have your hands full. So I guess your group rotates games weekly? Not a bad idea. I am sure that keeps it interesting.

(11-29-2010 11:22 PM)soundguy Wrote:  magic.. whoo.. there was a real money pit. got in at beta.. stayed in till 5th, got out.. bot back in a 9th.. got back out last year... oof!

soundguy

Tell me about it. I too have been playing (on and off) VERY long, though not as long as beta. I love the idea behind MtG, just can't stand where it has gone. Something about a Sage Owlwielding and killing me with a Trusty Machete doesn't quite sit right with me.

RE: Fresh meat.... - Old Dwarf - 11-30-2010 12:47 AM

Welcomw fellow fanatic Gamer

OD

RE: Fresh meat.... - soundguy - 11-30-2010 12:56 AM

yep.. and the way magic works. if you don't keep buying the newest releases.. you can't play in the sanctioned tourny's.. nor can you still play with others that do, as their newer cards quickly outmode your older cards. sure there are some vintage high power cards.. but seems like if you have a year old deck and play somebody with a new deck.. they have ace cards that put the screws to ya hard.. Watchmen02

soundguy

(11-29-2010 11:53 PM)flightmek25 Wrote:  
(11-29-2010 11:18 PM)mqstout Wrote:  I have not yet done that, but the rules are in the IFOS rulebook for mixing them. Probably the next IFOS game day we do. Last weekend was Magic, this weekend will be ATOE and next weekend is supposed to be roleplaying... It could be a while.

Whew....sounds like you have your hands full. So I guess your group rotates games weekly? Not a bad idea. I am sure that keeps it interesting.

(11-29-2010 11:22 PM)soundguy Wrote:  magic.. whoo.. there was a real money pit. got in at beta.. stayed in till 5th, got out.. bot back in a 9th.. got back out last year... oof!

soundguy

Tell me about it. I too have been playing (on and off) VERY long, though not as long as beta. I love the idea behind MtG, just can't stand where it has gone. Something about a Sage Owlwielding and killing me with a Trusty Machete doesn't quite sit right with me.