TheZombieGame.com Forums
Stories of the Undead Inferno Expansion - Released! - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Last Night on Earth (/Forum-Last-Night-on-Earth)
+--- Forum: LNoE Variants (/Forum-LNoE-Variants)
+--- Thread: Stories of the Undead Inferno Expansion - Released! (/Thread-Stories-of-the-Undead-Inferno-Expansion-Released)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: My (namless(help?)) Expansion - All 4 Boards Done! - Rules are coming... - Gothicincarnation - 01-13-2011 12:38 AM

What I'm gonna do is this:

Buy the "Replacement Boards" from LNOE (The ones they made lighter to match the GH boards). Run some steel wool and light sand paper over them to get the shine off and rough up the surface a little. Take the images down to OfficeDepot and have them printed. Cut the prints out and glue them down to the boards with a thin coat of wrinkle-free glue.

Simple. Zombie03

As far as a "Name" goes... Well, How about:

LNOE - The 2nd story

(Pun it, play on words, that usually works well.)

RE: My (namless(help?)) Expansion - All 4 Boards Done! - Rules are coming... - Onemangang - 01-13-2011 11:05 PM

Some Idea's for names:

LnoE - The alternative story
Burn Baby burn
Just when you thought it was safe to drink a cup of tea ...
2D-3D

Big thumbs up D153453D

RE: My (namless(help?)) Expansion - All 4 Boards Done! - Rules are coming... - D153453D - 01-14-2011 01:46 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I've got a general idea of what it's going to be since somebody gave me a suggestion I really like. It just needs a little something more....

I'll try to include some zombie poodles for you vikinglad or at the very least a shitzou.

I never thought of doing that Gothic...does that work well? Have you done that before?

Onemangang, that tea one is hilarious. I don't think I get it but funny nonetheless Watchmen02.

I blanked out the rulebook last night but I still have to type it all in and include pictures.

RE: My (namless(help?)) Expansion - All 4 Boards Done! - Rules are coming... - vikinglad - 01-14-2011 02:27 AM

(01-13-2011 12:38 AM)Gothicincarnation Wrote:  What I'm gonna do is this:

Buy the "Replacement Boards" from LNOE... and glue them down to the boards with a thin coat of wrinkle-free glue.

Simple. Zombie03

BRILLIANT!!! But is it worth the cost?
(checks FFP web store)
OMFG! $6 for all of the boards! Limited time only! I am there!

Link to FFP Webstore Page for Replacement Boards

RE: My (namless(help?)) Expansion - All 4 Boards Done! - Rules are coming... - Gothicincarnation - 01-14-2011 03:33 AM

(01-14-2011 01:46 AM)D153453D Wrote:  I never thought of doing that Gothic...does that work well? Have you done that before?

For another game, a long time ago... But it does work well as long as you don't over do anything.

To start with, use Steel Wool to remove the gloss coating on the side of the board you are intending to glue the new image to. Use moderate pressure, not too hard or you can mess up the edges of the board, also be careful at the edges or you will dull the sharpness. Do just enough to remove the shine.

Next use a LIGHT FINE GRAIN SAND PAPER, finest you can find. Put it in a sanding block (or wrap it tightly around something with sharp edges in a "block like" shape... DO NOT USE ANYTHING ROUND You'll kill the sharp edge on the board! Use a FLAT LIGHT motion. Don't let it roll on the edges or you will kill the sharpness! Don't over do again, just enough so after you dust it off and make it clean again, you can feel a light roughness. Just a little will do it, just enough to give the glue something extra to stick to.

Now take the images and go get them professionally printed on large sized Paper in High Quality. If you can, get it printed on 110lb card Stock. But regular paper or "Blue Print" paper will do. Cut it out and you are ready to finish up.

Finally, just use a Wrinkle-Free Paper Glue. Elmers has one in a pen tube that works great. Use a LIGHT THIN COAT! Not too much, just enough cover the board thinly... And glue the image down.

Alternatively to glue, you can use spray-on adhesive. Remember if using spray-on, coat both the board AND the back of the paper before trying to glue them together. I prefer using regular wrinkle-free glue and paint it on myself though. You can adjust the positioning easily that way and with spray-on's it is almost imposable. Also spray-on's tend to get glue on the edge of the boards and that makes a bit of a mess. But to each their own.

Lastly, if the printing is good enough, you can spray on a light coat of gloss finish to restore the shine. BUT test it first! Some might make the ink run, blur, or bleed. I tend to just leave it as is and not do this part. The gloss shine from the printing in high quality on smooth card stock is enough for me.

Takes about 5 min per board, not including drive time to get it printed professionally. And should only costs about $10-$15 for about 20+ Boards. Zombie03 LOL

RE: My (namless(help?)) Expansion - All 4 Boards Done! - Rules are coming... - D153453D - 01-14-2011 05:23 AM

I've had to print and mount stuff for presentation boards all the time, but its a pain (at least for me). I don't think I'm confident enough to try that. I was just going to get the proper thickness board glue em one and cut them out with an X-acto knife.

The book is coming along better than I had hoped. I'm going to try and finalize the boards and colors this weekend at the office with some test prints (since nobody will be there) and then make some small diagrams for the booklet. Here is a teaser of it in progress. Hopefully its small enough to where you guys can't read it yet, but enough to get the idea. Zombie17

[Image: bookteaser1.jpg]
By cafric1

RE: My (namless(help?)) Expansion - All 4 Boards Done! - Rules are coming... - Sarku - 01-14-2011 05:30 AM

This is quite an impressive thing you're doing... KUDOS!!!

RE: My (namless(help?)) Expansion - All 4 Boards Done! - Rules are coming... - Onemangang - 01-14-2011 09:38 AM

D153453D, did you know when you reach the 48 postlimit, you are automaticly signed up for a 3 years membership of Thezombiegame.com. That means you have to stay here and can't go away for those three years. FFP ... he is ours!!! Watchmen02

RE: My (namless(help?)) Expansion - All 4 Boards Done! - Rules are coming... - Grudunza - 01-14-2011 09:25 PM

Wow. Looks fantastic! Are you really Scott Hill?? I can't really comment on the content until I can have a better look at everything together, but I'm very impressed with your efforts.

RE: My (namless(help?)) Expansion - All 4 Boards Done! - Rules are coming... - Worldmaggot - 01-15-2011 02:13 AM

(01-14-2011 02:27 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  
(01-13-2011 12:38 AM)Gothicincarnation Wrote:  What I'm gonna do is this:

Buy the "Replacement Boards" from LNOE... and glue them down to the boards with a thin coat of wrinkle-free glue.

Simple. Zombie03

BRILLIANT!!! But is it worth the cost?
(checks FFP web store)
OMFG! $6 for all of the boards! Limited time only! I am there!

Link to FFP Webstore Page for Replacement Boards

Yeah. Only $6 until you try to add them to your cart. They want an insane amount to ship these boards for some reason.