TheZombieGame.com Forums
Build your own 3D Woodinvale - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: The Tomb (/Forum-The-Tomb)
+---- Forum: A Brush with Death (/Forum-A-Brush-with-Death)
+---- Thread: Build your own 3D Woodinvale (/Thread-Build-your-own-3D-Woodinvale)

Pages: 1 2

Build your own 3D Woodinvale - samuraitrev - 12-29-2010 08:17 PM

Hi guys Watchmen02

Ok here's a site to check out if you are hopeless at modeling or haven't the time or energy look at these! http://www.ontracks.co.uk/index.php?page=catalogue&cat=530 There's a Barn, Diner, Police Dept. Church and more... Remember for scales get railway 0 gauge builings or 1:43 scale that goes for buildings or vehicles.

After being inundated with requests to do a zombie painting guide by all of one person (thanks Emp Zombie03. I'm working on it at the moment...

Keep on biting brainmunchers Zombie11

RE: Build your own 3D Woodinvale - Emp - 12-30-2010 11:35 AM

CanadianBulldog built his own set a long time ago. Not sure if he is still around though.

RE: Build your own 3D Woodinvale - Old Dwarf - 12-30-2010 11:39 AM

EmP just beat me to this:

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=19

OD

RE: Build your own 3D Woodinvale - samuraitrev - 12-30-2010 03:11 PM

Yeah I've seen CanadianBulldog's work it is among the best I've ever seen for building a town!! However as much as I admire his work, I realise the amount of workload is above most (im)mortals (myself included)Watchmen02 so maybe they could just buy their own buildings if they choose.
Happy gaming!

RE: Build your own 3D Woodinvale - Nebulon - 12-30-2010 03:42 PM

Plasticville on a US web site instead of a UK:

Barn, Town Hall, & Diner ETC.

RE: Build your own 3D Woodinvale - robottroubles - 01-23-2011 11:21 PM

(12-29-2010 08:17 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Hi guys Watchmen02

Ok here's a site to check out if you are hopeless at modeling or haven't the time or energy look at these! http://www.ontracks.co.uk/index.php?page=catalogue&cat=530 There's a Barn, Diner, Police Dept. Church and more... Remember for scales get railway 0 gauge builings or 1:43 scale that goes for buildings or vehicles.

After being inundated with requests to do a zombie painting guide by all of one person (thanks Emp Zombie03. I'm working on it at the moment...

Keep on biting brainmunchers Zombie11

I'm working on designing some papercraft buildings that will fit the floorplans already on the boards. It might take a while, as I'm basically teaching myself how to use Illustrator at the same time.

If anyone wants some basic buildings, Canon has a site for kids paper projects here: Canon Craftown . The designs are really cutsey, but it's a start, and it's what I'm using for the basic guidelines.

RE: Build your own 3D Woodinvale - D153453D - 01-23-2011 11:47 PM

Why did you decide to use illustrator for this type of project? I'm not sure how well it will benefit you.

RE: Build your own 3D Woodinvale - robottroubles - 01-24-2011 01:19 AM

(01-23-2011 11:47 PM)D153453D Wrote:  Why did you decide to use illustrator for this type of project? I'm not sure how well it will benefit you.

I figure I need to be able to manipulate lots of basic shapes and some text. Is there a better alternative for this? This is a screen grab of the General Store so far, I'm not all that happy with it, but hopefully I'll get better as I go along.

RE: Build your own 3D Woodinvale - D153453D - 01-24-2011 01:36 AM

Well, my preference is always Photoshop, and I usually link an Illustrator file to it for my text. That's actually not bad, but is any of that vector? It looks like an imported raster image for the textures.

RE: Build your own 3D Woodinvale - robottroubles - 01-24-2011 02:03 AM

(01-24-2011 01:36 AM)D153453D Wrote:  Well, my preference is always Photoshop, and I usually link an Illustrator file to it for my text. That's actually not bad, but is any of that vector? It looks like an imported raster image for the textures.

The wood and the windows are imported images, but the outline of the building and details were made in Illustrator. Again, I'm not quite sure what I'm doing and I have the feeling someone who knows the programs could churn out something a lot better a lot faster.