TheZombieGame.com Forums
Interesting discussion at BGG - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Conquest of Planet Earth (/Forum-Conquest-of-Planet-Earth)
+--- Forum: CoPE General Discussion (/Forum-CoPE-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Interesting discussion at BGG (/Thread-Interesting-discussion-at-BGG)

Interesting discussion at BGG - theconcerned - 02-04-2011 08:12 AM

I don't contribute at BGG anymore but I do lurk once in a while. Anyway, I found a little discussion that peaked my interest. Some good little tidbits on Flying Frog "universe" timelines and connections. I like it.

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/6220932#6220932

RE: Interesting discussion at BGG - Old Dwarf - 02-04-2011 12:01 PM

That was interesting,FFG really has their Games & backstories worked out.

OD

RE: Interesting discussion at BGG - gavindowning - 02-04-2011 04:57 PM

Thanks for pointing that out! Some good stuff there!

I still really would love to see the Martians from IFOS as a player-race for CoPE, even just as one of their downloads. I'd also love to see an ancestor of the ringleader from IFOS as a character in ToE. Such things would really solidify everything for me.

RE: Interesting discussion at BGG - Orguss - 02-04-2011 05:00 PM

Heh, kinda neat. I don't know if I would have noticed all the easter eggs

RE: Interesting discussion at BGG - Pfr_Fate - 02-04-2011 09:06 PM

(02-04-2011 04:57 PM)gavindowning Wrote:  Thanks for pointing that out! Some good stuff there!

I still really would love to see the Martians from IFOS as a player-race for CoPE, even just as one of their downloads. I'd also love to see an ancestor of the ringleader from IFOS as a character in ToE. Such things would really solidify everything for me.

To quote FF: A veteran of the circus life, R.J. Flannigan’s family has been part of a traveling carnival for over eight generations, having first brought their show to the Americas around 1790. As the ringmaster, he is a father-figure to the performers in the troupe, offering sage wisdom and a helping hand.

And what nightmares does Lucrezia have?

Check and re-check links (Lucreziah / Lucy)???

Or maybe there's nothing there....

ATOE is set right about then, of course. I'd do some looking....

RE: Interesting discussion at BGG - Ryuk - 02-05-2011 12:01 AM

This is very interesting... being only a LNoE fan.
Even though I have no interest in FFP other games, I always appreciate a good back story and the way they've apparently tied them together.

Nice link.

RE: Interesting discussion at BGG - gavindowning - 02-05-2011 09:27 PM

Yeah, that's exactly why I am hoping for a carnival-ringmaster character in future expansions. There's no carnival in the game yet...

RE: Interesting discussion at BGG - T Sean Collins - 02-26-2011 02:03 PM

This is the kind of stuff that makes Flying Frog my favorite game company. With them, it's almost like you're not playing games; your taking part in a story that is already going on.

RE: Interesting discussion at BGG - munkymuddface - 02-21-2012 02:00 AM

It has been a few months since I have played this game, so I took it out for a solo session. During my very successful conquest, I encountered both the Small Town (LNOE) and the Carnival (IFOS).

I love the Frogverse and the fact that all of their games are connected.