TheZombieGame.com Forums
Um, Hello? - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (/Forum-Introduce-Yourself)
+--- Thread: Um, Hello? (/Thread-Um-Hello)

Um, Hello? - SlickJ1 - 02-11-2011 04:07 AM

So I guess we have to 're' introduce ourselves if we haven't posted in awhile. I've been a member of the site since October of 2009. Now since the rules have tightened up, I cannot access ANYTHING that I was able to upon signing up. I even have a gallery of Hero variants that I created and posted here that I can no longer access.

I truly understand the rules and the reasons for them, but quite frankly, I have made contributions to this site, several of my own creations. (and I remember several encouraging posts towards other user's creations)

I'm not going to post a bunch of nonsense just to get my privileges re-instated. I feel very upset about this, as I was a member long before the more strict rules were engaged. I see, and understand, the need for the new rules stemming from the increased traffic to the site. I would gladly pay a monthly premium for access to thezombiegame.com, and I thank the admins for the free access. Hopefully you will consider reinstating, at least some, of my original privileges. I would like to check in on my gallery submissions, with the intent of updating the existing pieces and adding new Hero variants that I would like to share with the community as a whole.

Sincerely yours,
SlickJ1

RE: Um, Hello? - Gothicincarnation - 02-11-2011 05:06 AM

Just have to ask. Some folks got left out due to either forgetting you where there, just got overlooked by mistake, or possibly due to inactivity.

I looked over the gallery, and can not find a personal gallery for you, and the site doesn't seem to list uploaders names with images in the other Galleries. So I can't tell what you have or have not done there.

I looked over the few posts you have made (8 total) and see that you do seriously contribute (or have anyway) to discussions if not a lot.

Either PM Sarku, or post the request for your access back in the new board "The Morgue" and I think you will likely get all your access back. I'd do it myself, but I'm the new guy and seeing that I can't find the contributions you mentioned (save for the posts), I'll differ to someone who's been here longer and might remember these things and/or how to look it up, or might know what happened to them.

RE: Um, Hello? - Sarku - 02-11-2011 06:21 AM

When I updated the site, the gallery got hosed. I had to manually reupload everything. I'll check your account and make sure it's okay.

I checked the account and there were some problems. They are fixed. I'm sorry about the gallery. I'm sure your images are there somewhere. I lost everything in the upgrade and couldn't remember where everything was previously.

Also, thanks for bringing up the gallery problem...that's fixed now.

As for paying a premium... There is a donate button up top... Donations of $10 and greater automatically upgrade your account.

RE: Um, Hello? - Gothicincarnation - 02-11-2011 11:02 AM

And there ya go, differing to someone else gets more done that one might think. Zombie03

Ahh, I see, I use Coppermine myself and thought that was odd and likely a problem.

RE: Um, Hello? - Old Dwarf - 02-11-2011 11:42 AM

Damn Tech stuff-this never happened when we had to use real Ink!
Glad you got things straightened out,looking forward to see your new stuff.

OD

RE: Um, Hello? - SlickJ1 - 02-12-2011 09:34 PM

Thank you very much for the quick responses. I had just assumed that not being able to view any galleries meant that I'd had priveleges revoked. I look forward to getting back into the thick of it, and I'll be sure to put in a donation soon.

Thanks again!