TheZombieGame.com Forums
Single Player Game - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Conquest of Planet Earth (/Forum-Conquest-of-Planet-Earth)
+--- Forum: CoPE General Discussion (/Forum-CoPE-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Single Player Game (/Thread-Single-Player-Game)

Pages: 1 2

Single Player Game - munkymuddface - 03-03-2011 06:03 PM

I just got done watching a few online reviews of this game, and both say that it is for 1 - 4 players. Just curious if anyone has tried it solo, and what your thoughts are on how it plays out.

RE: Single Player Game - D153453D - 03-04-2011 01:01 AM

I've seen some Zombie AI Variants, but it really dosent work too well because you can see the zombie cards which kept hidden is a big advantage to the Zombie player.

RE: Single Player Game - munkymuddface - 03-04-2011 05:11 PM

LOL, Thanks D. I have tried playing Alone in the Dark solo, and you are right, it doesn't work very well because you know what is in the Zeds hand...

However, I was asking about solo play for Conquest of Planet Earth (hence the thread being under the COPE section Zombie03) because I havn't gotten this game yet, and solid solo play would be a deciding factor...

RE: Single Player Game - gavindowning - 03-04-2011 10:42 PM

I haven't played it solo yet, but I've played cooperative with just two players, so I have gotten the sense for what it's like. Really, it should work just fine.

The solo game is really the cooperative game, just staged down to single-player. I enjoy the cooperative game quite a bit, so I don't see any issues with it. It should be fun! (I'm just not big on solitaire games myself, so I don't think I'll be trying it.)

RE: Single Player Game - Old Dwarf - 03-21-2011 02:09 PM

I don't have this Game but FFP did Solo Rules for AToE and they work well so I would think if they have
Solo rules included they would be solid.

OD

RE: Single Player Game - munkymuddface - 03-22-2011 03:00 PM

Thanks for the input guys. I just received Something Wicked last week and tried the solo version over the weekend, it was pretty fun. FFP has done a great job at developing a game engine that plays itself. I think I will be picking this up... eventually. Probly after I move next month - one less thing to keep track of.

RE: Single Player Game - gavindowning - 03-22-2011 03:13 PM

I definitely have enjoyed the game. I think it's worth your time.

RE: Single Player Game - Emp - 05-02-2011 08:29 PM

I'm really thinking of getting this game too.
Especialy if the solo game is fun. So has anybody tried it now?

RE: Single Player Game - munkymuddface - 05-02-2011 09:12 PM

I am moved and more or less settled. Thinking it may be time to put a purchase in with da Frog...

RE: Single Player Game - gavindowning - 05-02-2011 10:23 PM

I'm afraid I haven't, Emp. But I'm more interested in multi-player co-op myself, and it certainly doesn't let down in that format. I will note that solo is basically "multi-player co-op" with one player, and I've played it with 2, 3, and 4 players, and enjoyed it each time, so I can pretty safely say that the solo version should be just as fun.