TheZombieGame.com Forums
New Player - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (/Forum-Introduce-Yourself)
+--- Thread: New Player (/Thread-New-Player)

Pages: 1 2

New Player - jtnavarro6 - 04-20-2011 01:05 AM

Hello I am a new player to LNoE. I just got it for my birthday and have been playing it nonstop. My wife LOVES to play the zombies, and I prefer to play heroes. I have played several times with her, and a couple of times with 5 players.

I also have played the game many times alone. I am sure there are rules on how to do that, but I just play the game pretending I am both characters and I just don't cheat. Simple as that.

I freaking love this game and want the expansion(s) asap! I am considering attempting to paint my minis too just to give the game a cooler feel.

Glad to be a part of this board!

RE: New Player - vikinglad - 04-20-2011 02:45 AM

Welcome. There are lots of painted mini pics in the gallery to inspire you. I love seeing people's paint jobs; be sure to post some pics if you ever get them painted up.

RE: New Player - jtnavarro6 - 04-20-2011 05:02 PM

(04-20-2011 02:45 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  Welcome. There are lots of painted mini pics in the gallery to inspire you. I love seeing people's paint jobs; be sure to post some pics if you ever get them painted up.

Yeah I saw those. So cool. I am just worried I'm going to screw them up. I may have to get my wife to help out since she has so much more patience than I do.

RE: New Player - vikinglad - 04-20-2011 05:11 PM

(04-20-2011 05:02 PM)jtnavarro6 Wrote:  I am just worried I'm going to screw them up.

I know how you feel. That is why I started with Billy; I didn't really care if I screwed up that loser! I did too. Too much varnish, and now he has a thick plastic shell. Oh well. I have done 4 good ones since then, and each one is a bit better. SamuraiTrev's Tomb has some really cool tutorials too.

RE: New Player - jtnavarro6 - 04-20-2011 05:24 PM

(04-20-2011 05:11 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  
(04-20-2011 05:02 PM)jtnavarro6 Wrote:  I am just worried I'm going to screw them up.

I know how you feel. That is why I started with Billy; I didn't really care if I screwed up that loser! I did too. Too much varnish, and now he has a thick plastic shell. Oh well. I have done 4 good ones since then, and each one is a bit better. SamuraiTrev's Tomb has some really cool tutorials too.

I was planning on starting with the priest. Hard to mess up an all black outfit.. and nobody ever chooses him anyway. But yeah, Billy is pretty worthless. I only use him as a Gopher to run around and give the cool people items, like the chainsaw to Sally. That's the dream right there.

RE: New Player - Old Dwarf - 04-20-2011 06:11 PM

Welcome aboard

OD

RE: New Player - Sarku - 04-20-2011 09:12 PM

Welcome to tzg.com jtnavarro6!

RE: New Player - jtnavarro6 - 04-21-2011 02:32 AM

Thank you everyone. Glad to be here.

RE: New Player - samuraitrev - 04-21-2011 05:02 AM

Greetings Gtnavrro6!

LNOE for your birthday, that's a great present! Get stuck in with the painting sir. It's a great way to start a new hobby and helps other players recognise their pieces. It really adds to the game from an aesthetics point of view too!

Enjoy the game and TZG

RE: New Player - vikinglad - 04-21-2011 09:15 AM

Here here. I have spent more time panting than playing my LNOE. I never would have guessed till I tried it, but I think I may enjoy the painting more now. It is a way to spend time with the game when you can't play with anyone else. Also, when you are done, it looks all that much cooler. I may go back and do my old HeroQuest all Warhammer style when I am done!