TheZombieGame.com Forums
Castlevania Lords of Shadow (There's Zombies) - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Video Games (/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Castlevania Lords of Shadow (There's Zombies) (/Thread-Castlevania-Lords-of-Shadow-There-s-Zombies)

Pages: 1 2

Castlevania Lords of Shadow (There's Zombies) - samuraitrev - 05-11-2011 09:57 PM

Just finished this game that came out ages ago (October 2010) on the PS3 and XBox. I loved it. I know that PSM gave it 94%. It really is an EPIC game. I'm sure some of you will have played it so this is really for those (who like me) had never played it. The main protagonist (Gabriel) is voiced by Robert Carlyle with his fellow Knight Patrick Stewart. All of this adventure is scored by a fantastic Ochestra which really adds to the atmosphere.

It's full of all your favorite beasties. Werewolves, Vampires (who are cruelly represented I may add) and zombies of course. I would give this game 9 out of 10. I would compare it as a cross between God of War 3 and Uncharted 2 (The climbing bits). You can probably pick up this game cheap. My only complaint is I want to download the online extras but the network is still down.

RE: Castlevania Lords of Shadow (There's Zombies) - willco - 05-12-2011 10:02 PM

(05-11-2011 09:57 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Just finished this game that came out ages ago (October 2010) on the PS3 and XBox. I loved it. I know that PSM gave it 94%. It really is an EPIC game. I'm sure some of you will have played it so this is really for those (who like me) had never played it. The main protagonist (Gabriel) is voiced by Robert Carlyle with his fellow Knight Patrick Stewart. All of this adventure is scored by a fantastic Ochestra which really adds to the atmosphere.

It's full of all your favorite beasties. Werewolves, Vampires (who are cruelly represented I may add) and zombies of course. I would give this game 9 out of 10. I would compare it as a cross between God of War 3 and Uncharted 2 (The climbing bits). You can probably pick up this game cheap. My only complaint is I want to download the online extras but the network is still down.

Sounds brilliant! Once I'm done with Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare, I'll give it a go...er, once the network is up.

Funny story...I recently moved, and when I went to try out the PS3 at the new spot, no PSN. Hmmm, I thought, maybe I just need to re-whatever my thingymabob. Turns out it wasn't that at all...I didn't know for several days that the entire network is down.

Now I think about it, the move has kept me from the site for that whole time, too! Good to be back.

Carlyle is golden. *Ravenous* has to be one of my very favorite films...if only it had zombies...

w.

RE: Castlevania Lords of Shadow (There's Zombies) - Emp - 05-13-2011 07:02 AM

I have the game here as well, but it's for Xbox.
I never even started it, but I will soon...........soon...
And PSN down...........that truely sucks!

RE: Castlevania Lords of Shadow (There's Zombies) - Mr. ONEarm - 05-13-2011 07:43 PM

I loved Castlevania:LOS for a 3D Castlevania game *Which I never thought I would see* it was great and the ending *Don't Worry I want spoil it* was a jaw dropper!
(05-13-2011 07:02 AM)Emp Wrote:  I have the game here as well, but it's for Xbox.
I never even started it, but I will soon...........soon...
And PSN down...........that truely sucks!

They are talking it wont be up till the end of the month Insane19 I'm glad I got both a 360 and a PS3 but it still sucks

RE: Castlevania Lords of Shadow (There's Zombies) - thegamelord - 05-13-2011 08:23 PM

I was wondering about this game, most the recent castlevania games have been bad.

RE: Castlevania Lords of Shadow (There's Zombies) - samuraitrev - 06-11-2011 01:40 PM

I finished the first downloadable chapter 13 Reverie. I'm now downloading the final chapter 14 Resurection. Bring it on! I really like the subject content of this game. I'm not giving any spoilers away but the ending of this game is EPIC!

Downside. Having to pay for these extra chapters when you've already forked out for the game. I know games aren't cheap to make but jeez...

RE: Castlevania Lords of Shadow (There's Zombies) - Mr. ONEarm - 06-11-2011 02:39 PM

(06-11-2011 01:40 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  I finished the first downloadable chapter 13 Reverie. I'm now downloading the final chapter 14 Resurection. Bring it on! I really like the subject content of this game. I'm not giving any spoilers away but the ending of this game is EPIC!

Downside. Having to pay for these extra chapters when you've already forked out for the game. I know games aren't cheap to make but jeez...

Diffidently a jaw dropper holy crap ending... Yeah I'm going through it once more before I get the DLC...
(05-13-2011 08:23 PM)thegamelord Wrote:  I was wondering about this game, most the recent castlevania games have been bad.

It's more like a game in the Castlevania Universe... It doesn't play like any other CV games before it *think more like God of War* but the atmosphere is very Castlevania... The creatures are very Castlevaniaish as well some have a goofy feel to them *Chupacabras, Goblins, scarecrows and other weird creatures* while others are bloody things that go bump in the night... The levels are split up apposed to being in just a Castle *More like how Portrait of Ruins/Order of Ecclesia where for the NintendoDS* One more quick thing... The voice acting is excellent Robert Carlyle and Patrick Stewart do the voices for the two main people in CV:LOS... I say get it but there is also a demo out on 360/PS3 so check it out for sure

RE: Castlevania Lords of Shadow (There's Zombies) - samuraitrev - 06-11-2011 03:32 PM

If you needed any more prompting this is what you're up against in this game!

[attachment=713]

RE: Castlevania Lords of Shadow (There's Zombies) - phantomninja - 06-12-2011 04:57 AM

And not to mention the narration by Sir Patrick Stewart! This is an awesome game and I look forward to the DLC. That awesome fight with the giant Wolf in the beginning was barely the begining of how damn cool and serious this game is!

RE: Castlevania Lords of Shadow (There's Zombies) - samuraitrev - 06-12-2011 11:50 AM

(06-12-2011 04:57 AM)phantomninja Wrote:  And not to mention the narration by Sir Patrick Stewart! This is an awesome game and I look forward to the DLC. That awesome fight with the giant Wolf in the beginning was barely the begining of how damn cool and serious this game is!

Yep Sir Stewart's voice is fantastic the narration really adds to the story it turns it into like a legend! I recommend the DLC. I hope they make another game!