TheZombieGame.com Forums
Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Breaking News (/Forum-Breaking-News)
+--- Thread: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak (/Thread-Expansion-announced-for-LNOE-Timber-Peak)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - victor.w - 04-06-2012 10:11 PM

(04-05-2012 01:56 PM)Rosacarnis Wrote:  I do not like the idea of new versions of the same heroes... I would rather just new faces.

As much as I'd like to see new faces, I can settle for the Survivor variants on old faces. It's as if they are super skilled at killing Zombies after weeks and months in their hellish world. In fact, they may as well be different people by this point.

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - Franzoid - 04-08-2012 05:17 PM

(04-01-2012 04:48 AM)Vin Oup Wrote:  im glad to see two new expansions coming out for LNOE. Timber Peaks in 2012 and then Blood in the Forest in 2103.....cant wait

I was under the impression that Blood in the Forest is Timber Peak, they just changed the name to Timber Peak because they like it better.

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - Vin Oup - 04-09-2012 04:16 AM

(04-08-2012 05:17 PM)Franzoid Wrote:  
(04-01-2012 04:48 AM)Vin Oup Wrote:  im glad to see two new expansions coming out for LNOE. Timber Peaks in 2012 and then Blood in the Forest in 2103.....cant wait

I was under the impression that Blood in the Forest is Timber Peak, they just changed the name to Timber Peak because they like it better.

nope to different games, blood in forest is the expansion to timber peak

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - alderdust - 04-09-2012 03:04 PM

So i know that Jake the Drifter, Sally, and Sheriff Anderson are the survivor heroes in Timber Peak....how will you guys play with that...will you include them in your normal random draw or take out the old ones so you wouldnt have a chance to play survivor Sally and regular Sally in the same game? Let me know your thoughts...I think I like the idea but how it will integrate in the already great expansions is a little mind boggling.

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - j0hnnn - 04-09-2012 03:27 PM

Well for you random pickers i would say you don't include the survivor versions in the selection and after selection if you got Sally, Sheriff or Jake... roll a d6 on the roll of 1,2 or 3 - Regular version on the roll of 4, 5, 6 - Survivor version...

For me... well i still let my players pick their heroes.

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - alderdust - 04-09-2012 03:38 PM

(04-09-2012 03:27 PM)j0hnnn Wrote:  Well for you random pickers i would say you don't include the survivor versions in the selection and after selection if you got Sally, Sheriff or Jake... roll a d6 on the roll of 1,2 or 3 - Regular version on the roll of 4, 5, 6 - Survivor version...

For me... well i still let my players pick their heroes.

that seems to be a good way to do it...does anyone know what the new survivor abilities are? i tried to look at the video on youtube but it was too blurry and too fast to read them.

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - j0hnnn - 04-09-2012 03:56 PM

Jake's

Keeps his resourceful and gets some sort of buff that let him pays less to acquire Hero Upgrades if i recall correctly...
The others remains a mistery

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - alderdust - 04-09-2012 04:12 PM

Its just too bad they didnt provide survivor versions of all the original heroes and then that roll would happen for any of the originals.

I think the new heroes are:

Alice, The Diner Waitress
Ed Baker, The Lumberjack
Nikki, The Bush Pilot

I have read that Alice has:
[Image: alice.gif]

Alice's Abilities...

On the go - If Alice rolls 1 or 2 for movement she gets an extra move action (using the same roll).

Youth - May give up move to fully heal.

I am not sure of the interpretation but I believe I would interpret the ability to mean that if she rolls a 1 or 2, she can either search & move, move & heal, heal & move, or move twice (a total of 2 or 4 spaces). It just means she's fast and busy, like most diner waitresses.

It may mean that she just gets to roll another die and add to that 1 or 2 making her move up to 7-8 spaces max in a turn.

Let me know you guys opinions. Here is the video I saw this on.

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - j0hnnn - 04-09-2012 05:26 PM

Lol...

i've posted a lot of the content in this post...
but let me clear your cloudy mind...

The new characters are:

Alice, The Diner Waitress
Ed Baker, The Lumberjack
Nikki, The Bush Pilot

About "On the go"

I am not sure of the interpretation but I believe I would interpret the ability to mean that if she rolls a 1 or 2, she can either search & move, move & heal, heal & move, or move twice (a total of 2 or 4 spaces). It just means she's fast and busy, like most diner waitresses. (Until here... yeah, right... all good)

It may mean that she just gets to roll another die and add to that 1 or 2 making her move up to 7-8 spaces max in a turn. (About this... NO! it says clearly that her second move action is using the same initial roll.)

An additional though... she could Fire the Hunting Rifle Thrice in a turn. Give up 2 move actions and fire an additional shot by the ranged attack phase of her turn.

Other amazing use people aren't seing... on the roll of 2 she may cross a zombie adjacent to her without fighting... Moves, then move ends. Second move action stars where she moves away without fighting.

The gal is amazing...

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - mqstout - 04-09-2012 06:03 PM

j0hnnn, that would, unfortunately, skew the odds away from those heroes if you draw then roll.

I'd include them all in and (maybe!) disallow both versions of the same hero being drawn in the same batch. "Redraw if this hero is already in the game." But I'd certainly allow them to come into the game later, even if the other version of that hero had been in the game and "died".