TheZombieGame.com Forums
Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Breaking News (/Forum-Breaking-News)
+--- Thread: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak (/Thread-Expansion-announced-for-LNOE-Timber-Peak)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - j0hnnn - 04-09-2012 06:18 PM

i know... sounds unfair... but i expect the survivor version being a tad more powerful... so i think it's a fair way to scale down... put them all together is reasonable too...

about myself i barely can't wait to have 2 sheriff anderson and 2 sally in play at the same time... just for the lulz...

Can you imagine a catfight Sally vs Sally!
Or the discussion that would emerge from Sheriff Anderson vs Sheriff Anderon vs Jake Cartwright and Jake Cartwright...

Enough of being silly now...

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - victor.w - 04-09-2012 09:19 PM

(04-09-2012 05:26 PM)j0hnnn Wrote:  Other amazing use people aren't seing... on the roll of 2 she may cross a zombie adjacent to her without fighting... Moves, then move ends. Second move action stars where she moves away without fighting.

The gal is amazing...

What makes you think she can do that? The rules clearly state that a Hero moving into a space with Zombies on it immediately ends their move phase and begins their combat phase.

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - alderdust - 04-09-2012 09:46 PM

(04-09-2012 05:26 PM)j0hnnn Wrote:  Lol...

i've posted a lot of the content in this post...
but let me clear your cloudy mind...

The new characters are:

Alice, The Diner Waitress
Ed Baker, The Lumberjack
Nikki, The Bush Pilot

About "On the go"

I am not sure of the interpretation but I believe I would interpret the ability to mean that if she rolls a 1 or 2, she can either search & move, move & heal, heal & move, or move twice (a total of 2 or 4 spaces). It just means she's fast and busy, like most diner waitresses. (Until here... yeah, right... all good)

It may mean that she just gets to roll another die and add to that 1 or 2 making her move up to 7-8 spaces max in a turn. (About this... NO! it says clearly that her second move action is using the same initial roll.)

An additional though... she could Fire the Hunting Rifle Thrice in a turn. Give up 2 move actions and fire an additional shot by the ranged attack phase of her turn.

Other amazing use people aren't seing... on the roll of 2 she may cross a zombie adjacent to her without fighting... Moves, then move ends. Second move action stars where she moves away without fighting.

The gal is amazing...

Thanks for the clarification I cant wait to get to play her this fall!

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - j0hnnn - 04-09-2012 09:52 PM

Not wanting to enter in a semantics discussion... but from flying frog wiki this is the hero turn structure for each hero...

The Hero Turn
1) Move Action
2) Exchange Items
3) Ranged Attack
4) Fight Zombies

If a hero moves into a zombie square his/her move action ends... but guess what on the roll of 1 or 2 she gets 2 move actions her turn would be like this:

The Hero Turn
1) Move Action
2) Move Action
3) Exchange Items
4) Ranged Attack
5) Fight Zombies

So once she moves to the zed square the first move action ends... and the second takes place.

And on the wiki about Move:

"If a Hero enters a space with one or more Zombies in it, the Hero’s move immediately ends. That Hero will most likely be fighting this turn."

That's why my good friend.

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - goodcop2000 - 04-10-2012 05:07 AM

(04-09-2012 06:18 PM)j0hnnn Wrote:  i know... sounds unfair... but i expect the survivor version being a tad more powerful... so i think it's a fair way to scale down... put them all together is reasonable too...

about myself i barely can't wait to have 2 sheriff anderson and 2 sally in play at the same time... just for the lulz...

Can you imagine a catfight Sally vs Sally!
Or the discussion that would emerge from Sheriff Anderson vs Sheriff Anderon vs Jake Cartwright and Jake Cartwright...

Enough of being silly now...

Hmmm, I can feel a custom scenario brewing down the road where you use 6 heroes (both Sallys, both Sheriffs, both Jakes) and explain it with alternate universes having a thin point at Timber Peaks! lol

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - Rosacarnis - 04-10-2012 07:39 AM

(04-06-2012 10:11 PM)victor.w Wrote:  
(04-05-2012 01:56 PM)Rosacarnis Wrote:  I do not like the idea of new versions of the same heroes... I would rather just new faces.

As much as I'd like to see new faces, I can settle for the Survivor variants on old faces. It's as if they are super skilled at killing Zombies after weeks and months in their hellish world. In fact, they may as well be different people by this point.

Yeah, but the Advance Ability cards already covered part of the experience without the hassle of having two identical characters...

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - alderdust - 04-10-2012 01:13 PM

(04-09-2012 09:52 PM)j0hnnn Wrote:  Not wanting to enter in a semantics discussion... but from flying frog wiki this is the hero turn structure for each hero...

The Hero Turn
1) Move Action
2) Exchange Items
3) Ranged Attack
4) Fight Zombies

If a hero moves into a zombie square his/her move action ends... but guess what on the roll of 1 or 2 she gets 2 move actions her turn would be like this:

The Hero Turn
1) Move Action
2) Move Action
3) Exchange Items
4) Ranged Attack
5) Fight Zombies

So once she moves to the zed square the first move action ends... and the second takes place.

"If a Hero enters a space with one or more Zombies in it, the Hero’s move immediately ends. That Hero will most likely be fighting this turn."

does this mean she could roll a 2 decide to search and then search again in the same turn? or even roll a 2 decide to search and give up her second move action to heal since she is a youth?

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - victor.w - 04-10-2012 01:21 PM

(04-10-2012 01:13 PM)alderdust Wrote:  
(04-09-2012 09:52 PM)j0hnnn Wrote:  Not wanting to enter in a semantics discussion... but from flying frog wiki this is the hero turn structure for each hero...

The Hero Turn
1) Move Action
2) Exchange Items
3) Ranged Attack
4) Fight Zombies

The Hero Turn
1) Move Action
2) Move Action
3) Exchange Items
4) Ranged Attack
5) Fight Zombies

does this mean she could roll a 2 decide to search and then search again in the same turn? or even roll a 2 decide to search and give up her second move action to heal since she is a youth?

Yep! And thanks for the clarification on Alice's special ability, J0hnnn.

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - j0hnnn - 04-10-2012 01:30 PM

The gal is amazing... so many possibilities... sadly i rarely roll less than 3 for anything...

Would be a waste play her... =/ never get an activation...

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - The Candyman - 04-10-2012 10:41 PM

My god... 16 pages.... I'm too lazy to reaf all them. Even if I were not italian I'll give up the reading anywat XD
Can someone summarize what there will be in the expansion? Very thanks!