TheZombieGame.com Forums
Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Breaking News (/Forum-Breaking-News)
+--- Thread: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak (/Thread-Expansion-announced-for-LNOE-Timber-Peak)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - j0hnnn - 04-11-2012 08:54 PM

Of course Candyman...

But i would strongly advise you to looks at least from page 13 to now... there are some videos that explains a bunch of the content that is going to be released.

Timber Peak is a standalone
Which means

An entire new town board (probably another 6 L-shapped pieces and a new center board)

6 Heroes - 3 New Heroes (Ed, Alice, Nikki) , 3 Surviving Versions of old heroes (Sally, Jake and Sheriff)

Alice's Sheet - 2 Wounds - Youth and the new Ability On the go: If Alice rolls 1 or 2 for movement she gets an extra move action (using the same roll).

14 zombies (not know if in new poses or not).

A new lot of cards for hero deck and zombie deck (around 60 cards each)

A new sort of card - Hero Upgrades divided in 3 categories.

Probably not certainly rules for zombie improvement.

Besides that "Blood in the forest" is also cooking

And we can expect some more cards 2 new heroes a new board setting (forest themed) a lot of 7 feral zombies.

This is what far we already got from one of the videos.

People if i failed with any info given above... please enlight the dude about my mistake.

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - Twilight_Sonata - 04-12-2012 08:54 AM

Alice is amazing. Turn a move 1-2 into a move 2-4 (including moving into and then out of a Zombie space without having to fight), move into a building then search or reveal a number counter, search or reveal and number counter and then leave a building, reveal and number counter and search, move and use Youth at the same time, search or reveal a number counter and use Youth at the same time...

Only thing that people have mentioned that I don't think is possible is using the Hunting Rifle three times. The Hunting Rifle specifies that you can give up your move action to fire it a second time, but it says nothing about an additional times.

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - j0hnnn - 04-12-2012 11:28 AM

Well the wording on the card puts in that way... To fire hunting rifle 3 times a turn... Alice would need 2 rifles i suppose...

But i guess the second time on the card isn't forbidding you to give up extra move actions to fire it again... it's just saying that instead of moving you fire the rifle...

however if it was the case the would just write "Instead of moving you can fire the hunting rifle..."

Tricky one... guess we will need an insight of the creator on this one.

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - j0hnnn - 04-12-2012 01:18 PM

Other memorable useless texts:

Chainsaw: (even if no doubles were rolled.)
The Hero rolls an extra Fight Dice. Any Zombie beaten in a fight is automatically Killed, even if no doubles were rolled.

Hero's Rage: (Limit one Heroic card per Hero.)
Play on any Hero that has 2 or more Zombies in their space. Until the start of the next Hero Turn, that Hero rolls an extra Fight Dice and Kills any Zombie beaten in a fight, even if no doubles were rolled.
Limit one Heroic card per Hero.

"Eat Dirt...Zombie!": (not returned to the zombie pool)
Play when a Zombie is killed in a fight. That Zombie is removed from the game (not returned to the Zombie Pool) and the Hero may Heal one Wound.
Limit one Heroic card per Hero.

Brilliant Idea/Lucky Find: (and keep both)
Play on any Hero when they are about to Search. Instead, that Hero may draw two Survival Tactics and choose one to keep (discard the other), or the Hero may draw two Hero Cards for this Search and keep both.

Just saying that in my games Alice will fire hunting rifles 3 times if she is able... unless Jason claims that this wasn't the original intention.

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - docdenny - 04-14-2012 09:23 PM

expansion at last...I am new, but my cousins play for 2 years and will be very happy about this,...promising

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - Twilight_Sonata - 04-15-2012 01:43 PM

(04-12-2012 01:18 PM)j0hnnn Wrote:  Other memorable useless texts:...
I don't think that these are good comparisons, because they're just examples of redundant or unnecessary wording, which isn't the case we run into with the rifle. The rifle is very explicit about saying "a second" as opposed to "an additional". Those are very much not the same thing.

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - j0hnnn - 04-15-2012 03:25 PM

yeah... but there wasn't any heroes until now that could have 2 movement actions... so... it sounds very redundant for me... as what is written is:

Hunting Rifle:
Range 5
You may target one Zombie within Range. Roll a D6. The Zombie is Hit on the roll of 3+. The Hero may give up their Move Action to fire Hunting Rifle a second time. After all firing is complete, roll a D6. On the roll of 1 or 2, the Hunting Rifle is out of ammo (discard).

so the second time just complements the action... give up move action to fire hunting rifle...

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - Twilight_Sonata - 04-15-2012 09:01 PM

I still don't agree. New rule X never breaks old rule Y unless it specifically say so. That's what makes rules repetitive or unnecessary or not, if they just restate rules that were already in place. The rifle gives you the ability to fire a second time, so you can only fire a second time, because nothing else is giving you the ability to fire any more times beyond that. The rifle's wording is, by definition, not redundant.

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - j0hnnn - 04-16-2012 12:14 AM

Well this what is written is:

The Hero may give up their Move Action to fire Hunting Rifle a second time.

It doesn't say you may only fire the hunting rifle twice anywhere. You can give up your move, to fire it a second time. Because usually you can only fire it once... and if you give up your turn you're firing it a second time.

Maybe you're right... but i don't see the restriction that you are seeing...

RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak - Henato - 04-16-2012 06:41 AM

It doesn't matter what you usually could do by far... The only two things that matter are the rules and the card text.

Rifle's card text clearly says you may shot a second time. But nothing is said about a third time, or a fourth, etc.
You cannot infer anything that is not in the card text.

And in my opinion, rifle was made to shot up to twice because it would be over power shoting more times than that in only one turn...
And although all the heroes before Alice had just one move action, saying the rifle could just shot twice was important to avoid in any way a future combo (with expansions) that could gave a chance to shot more than twice.
(And we all know FFP always thinks of possible future expansions when creating cards or heroes... Jenny's ability to subtract 1 to any break test dice is an example).