TheZombieGame.com Forums
Phantoms other Mini's..now with a GIANT WORM!! - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Models & Painting (/Forum-Models-Painting)
+--- Thread: Phantoms other Mini's..now with a GIANT WORM!! (/Thread-Phantoms-other-Mini-s-now-with-a-GIANT-WORM)

Pages: 1 2

Phantoms other Mini's..now with a GIANT WORM!! - phantomninja - 06-27-2011 03:26 PM

My first experience with painting miniatures was with Warhammer 40k. Since then I have picked up different techniques and even though I am still a tabletop painter I still find my miniatures to be awesome (in my eyes) . So if you are a painter, take joy and pride in your skills!
here is a converted chaplain that I painted for a Nurgle Army.

RE: Phantoms other Mini's - samuraitrev - 06-27-2011 03:39 PM

Nice one Phantom you're right you should be happy with your workWatchmen02. I've always liked Nurgle out of the Chaos gods it must be the rot! You've done a great job with the Chaos Chaplain and thanks for sharing I really like to see other peoples work.

RE: Phantoms other Mini's - atramagus - 06-27-2011 05:05 PM

Very nice, I love all the detailing you're done here. For highlighting or you more into drybrushing or inking? Or both?

RE: Phantoms other Mini's - vikinglad - 06-27-2011 05:25 PM

Awesome job! You have every right to be proud of that one. One of these days I am bound to get into Warhammer. The figs are just so cool.especially the 40K stuff. I really like this guy.

RE: Phantoms other Mini's - Emp - 06-28-2011 09:55 AM

Awesome figure and paintjob Phantom.

RE: Phantoms other Mini's - Pred - 09-04-2011 05:24 AM

Wow this is really amazing! What kind of tools was used in the painting of this? I am currently hand brush painting some of my mini's and they do not look near this clear. This is amazing artistry!

RE: Phantoms other Mini's - phantomninja - 01-12-2012 09:29 PM

Whoa...sorry for the late reply. I used Vallejo Model paints, GW washes and a 0 point paint brush. I used to stick strictly to GW paints but Vallejo has these neat containers and are a whole dollar less. This piece was done in four colors. One of course is the grey primer, 2 would be the pale green, 3 would be the tan earth color and 4 would be bone white. This is then followed with a devlan mud wash.

RE: Phantoms other Mini's..now with a GIANT WORM!! - phantomninja - 05-23-2012 11:26 PM

I have had a blast painting this guy and would love to paint some more since he was so easy. Best thing too was that he ran me 2 dollars! I dont know what to use him for but I paired him up with some of my Dungeonquest mini's for a dramatic effect. Oh, this is the Giant Worm from Reaper miniatures: Bones series.

RE: Phantoms other Mini's..now with a GIANT WORM!! - samuraitrev - 05-23-2012 11:55 PM

It's one of Sarku's worm minions! Great job! Sometimes I buy a mini that's cool and looks fun to paint it doesn't always matter if you don't game with it.

That guy in the last pic is worm food.Zombie13
Thanks for sharing I like to see other people's miniture painting.

RE: Phantoms other Mini's..now with a GIANT WORM!! - Masterofmayhem - 05-24-2012 07:04 AM

I wish I were in the stage of my painting, that I could purchase a mini to paint just because it is cool. I still have approximately 200 infantry and 20 vehicles to paint for my IG army, plus some 30 infantry and 2-3 vehicles for my marines to paint.