TheZombieGame.com Forums
Few custom hero's - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Last Night on Earth (/Forum-Last-Night-on-Earth)
+--- Forum: LNoE Variants (/Forum-LNoE-Variants)
+--- Thread: Few custom hero's (/Thread-Few-custom-hero-s)

Few custom hero's - Bunzato - 07-19-2011 02:56 AM

A couple heroes that my group has made up.

Mr. L, High School Geology Teacher

Dig - On a roll of 5+ can search outside, if he rolls below 5, he may still move.
Use a Rock - May re-roll one of his own fight dice.
Wound, Wound, dead.

Ignatius, The Firefighter

Starts the game with a Fire Axe and Fire Extinguisher
Rescuer - May Carry a hero up to 2 spaces if they start on his space, and may move through walls with a -1 modifier to his movement roll.

RE: Few custom hero's - samuraitrev - 07-19-2011 12:57 PM

Hi Bunzato. You have some cool ideas there. I take it you've gamed with them. How did they do? The searching outside for Mr. L and Ignatius' ability to go through walls are very powerful.

For Mr. L. I would have a search again on a 6+ (this is still quite good) coupled with his combat reroll.

For Ignatius I would keep his ability providing he has his Fire Axe. This works both thematically (how's he getting out without his axe?) This also ensures he could still eventually get trapped. I think these minor tweaks with your fantastic ideas could bring about more balanced characters.

RE: Few custom hero's - Bunzato - 07-19-2011 09:26 PM

Well, in play, they have worked fairly well, Mr. L tends to roll terribly on his outside search checks, it's rare that he gets to search outside more than twice a game.

And Ignatius, he is a character who has a horrible habit of dying early in the game before his abilities are able to manifest themselves in any overpowered way, however, I will see what my friends think about your ideas, heh.

Thanks! Watchmen02