TheZombieGame.com Forums
Day and Night during the game - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: A Touch of Evil (/Forum-A-Touch-of-Evil)
+--- Forum: AToE Variants (/Forum-AToE-Variants)
+--- Thread: Day and Night during the game (/Thread-Day-and-Night-during-the-game)

Day and Night during the game - mcgallons - 08-03-2011 10:12 AM

What do you think about this idea?
I'd like to add to the game the variant about the day. Each time a turn end you change the time:

morning > afternoon > evening > night

It will influence events, combat against enemy or some encounter (for example the monastery may be closed at night) Movement during night turn may be more dangerous.. and other home variants.

I will try a test game with this rule, I will tell the result!

ciao!

RE: Day and Night during the game - Old Dwarf - 08-03-2011 11:10 AM

I base my turns on Morning & Afternoon but it's just for Session Reports purposes ,my Inv.all go to bed at night.
It's an interesting idea,I trust you will have some advantages to night turns to balance out the increased dangers.

OD

RE: Day and Night during the game - mcgallons - 08-03-2011 01:01 PM

For example, I think that the ADVANCED COOPERATIVE MISTERY PHASE CHART is, sometimes, very unbalanced in cooperative game with few heroes. It may be an idea to roll a dice only during the night turn. In this situation the heroes must end their movement in a safe location to prevent more damage.

RE: Day and Night during the game - Old Dwarf - 08-03-2011 06:22 PM

The ACMPC can be brutal with a couple of heroes,it's been awhile but I remember we had a home rule that each Inv had to make a roll against their ?(that I don't recall)
& we only rolled on the ACMPC if one/both failed.

OD

PS-Found it :
2.At start of Mystery phase each Inv must
make a standard Cunning roll if both or either
fail must roll on Co-Op Table.

RE: Day and Night during the game - mcgallons - 08-03-2011 07:05 PM

thanks! I think it's a nice rule. When I come back from holidays I will play with this!

I'm new with the game (I played Arkham horror adventures before ATOE), but I like it a lot. Do you have other home rules?

RE: Day and Night during the game - Old Dwarf - 08-04-2011 06:39 PM

Yes

OD

RE: Day and Night during the game - thegamelord - 08-08-2011 09:49 PM

I always assumed the mystery phase is what took place during the night since it had cards like the hour is late and howls in the night

RE: Day and Night during the game - khainesmith - 10-31-2021 07:29 PM

Cool rule. I keep thinking it would be nice if it had good things for the players as well. This could add even more theme to the game imo.

RE: Day and Night during the game - Feffe - 05-08-2023 12:06 PM

You can check this out. It´s a Villain with a day and night wheel.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/257213/marsh-phantoms

RE: Day and Night during the game - Old Dwarf - 05-08-2023 10:45 PM

Interesting, I had noticed this on BGG but never checked it out. I haven't played AToE
for some time but I do want to try this Villain.

OD