TheZombieGame.com Forums
my first painted zombies! - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Models & Painting (/Forum-Models-Painting)
+--- Thread: my first painted zombies! (/Thread-my-first-painted-zombies)

my first painted zombies! - goodcop2000 - 03-03-2012 01:11 AM

After practicing on the cowboys and Indians I took the plunge and painted 3 of my zombies. My good camera is at work so these photos aren't as detailed, especially the second one when I only had my cell phone handy.

Original zombies:

[attachment=1165]

After primer and base colors:

[attachment=1166]

Final results after trying my hand at "washing" and highlighting with blood and varnish added at the end:

[attachment=1167]

closeups of zombie #1:

[attachment=1168]

[attachment=1169]

RE: my first painted zombies! - SoCalRMD - 03-03-2012 02:45 AM

That is some good work right there.

RE: my first painted zombies! - phantomninja - 03-03-2012 04:50 AM

Good job, it seems you tidied up your painting skills from your previous test. Nice,dingy and DEAD zombies!!

RE: my first painted zombies! - goodcop2000 - 03-03-2012 04:56 AM

(03-03-2012 04:50 AM)phantomninja Wrote:  Good job, it seems you tidied up your painting skills from your previous test. Nice,dingy and DEAD zombies!!

Well the only GOOD zombie is a DEAD zombie! haha

Thanks, socal and pninja. I was more confident about making sure there were no gaps in the paint where different colored items met after having some practice and knowing that I was going to use the wash to fill in.

RE: my first painted zombies! - samuraitrev - 03-03-2012 08:58 AM

Goodcop paints his first ever Zombies and the result is..........WIN!! Well done Goodcop these are better than the indians. More coverage and depth. I like the overall gritty 'look' They look like dirty Zombies who have just walked out of a collapsed building oozing fresh blood.

If I could give you any advice I would go further with the highlighting. You can get dramatic results fast. Be bold. For example On Zombie 1 you could paint a brighter blue on his left leg. Imagine a light source above him so the tops of his leg, shoulders and forearms get a brighter shade if you don't have the brighter colour just mix white with the original base coat.

Overall I would be happy with the results. Also like most things the more you practice the better you will get. My only question is this: Have you been officially Bitten by the painting bug now?Watchmen02

Happy paintingZombie17

RE: my first painted zombies! - goodcop2000 - 03-04-2012 05:30 AM

(03-03-2012 08:58 AM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Goodcop paints his first ever Zombies and the result is..........WIN!! Well done Goodcop these are better than the indians. More coverage and depth. I like the overall gritty 'look' They look like dirty Zombies who have just walked out of a collapsed building oozing fresh blood.

If I could give you any advice I would go further with the highlighting. You can get dramatic results fast. Be bold. For example On Zombie 1 you could paint a brighter blue on his left leg. Imagine a light source above him so the tops of his leg, shoulders and forearms get a brighter shade if you don't have the brighter colour just mix white with the original base coat.

Overall I would be happy with the results. Also like most things the more you practice the better you will get. My only question is this: Have you been officially Bitten by the painting bug now?Watchmen02

Happy paintingZombie17

Thanks, Samurai. I love the tips! Good to know I can mix my own highlight color instead of having to buy a different shade. I'm definitely hooked on painting stuff now. The main reason I tried it was because I wanted to have the painted minis for the game but I didn't know the painting itself would be so fun.

RE: my first painted zombies! - Pred - 03-04-2012 03:08 PM

Like you Cop, I just wanted to paint my mini's for the game and
became incredibly addicted to getting better and paint figures
with more detail.