TheZombieGame.com Forums
XBL News - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Video Games (/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: XBL News (/Thread-XBL-News)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: XBL News - zombie67 - 06-09-2009 12:19 PM

MQS, COD does get supported, both the last two titles, with Map Packs.

Also, I have read elsewhere that as good as the game was, L4D was actually more of a test of an engine rather than a full game, one reason why maybe only two stories were available for Versus mode. If that is the case, then Valve had a cheek charging full price for it, Rockstar's Table Tennis was only half the regular price for that reason , and maybe the next game will actually be a fuller game, though I doubt it.

The thing that I find particularly stupid about the whole affair is that first people are saying that the stuff in L4D2 should be available as DLC and now there are calls for it to be free DLC!!

RE: XBL News - zombie67 - 06-09-2009 12:24 PM

Burnout Paradise: Big Surf Island available for download on June 11th:

Burnout Paradise: Big Surf Island

Ghostbusters review on IGN:

Ghostbusters 8/10

Can any of you American types that get the game on June 16th let me know what it is like, please. Need to know if it is worth getting when it finally comes out over here later in the year! Insane19

RE: XBL News - mqstout - 06-09-2009 12:33 PM

zombie67 Wrote:The thing that I find particularly stupid about the whole affair is that first people are saying that the stuff in L4D2 should be available as DLC and now there are calls for it to be free DLC!!

Valve typically operates at such a level of service. Look at TF2, which is still getting plenty. Such requests show that expectation that Valve has built up for themselves.

RE: XBL News - zombie67 - 06-09-2009 01:18 PM

Maybe this is where the confusion lies, you appear to be talking about Valve's PC DLC and not the 360. To my knowledge, there has been no DLC for TF2 on the 360.

So I agree, if Valve have a reputation of providing regular free DLC then I can, to a certain extent, see why people are getting annoyed.

It is also a shame then that we exclusively 360 players don't get the same kind of support!!

RE: XBL News - zombie67 - 06-09-2009 01:22 PM

First signs of a possible increase in game prices, at least this side of the pond.

The RRP on most games over here is £49.99 but I defy anybody to actually have to pay that, all shops and I mean all shops, state "£10 off! Only £39.99". So the regular price is always £39.99 or less.

Now I notice that the RRP for Modern Warefare 2 is £54.99 and most pre-orders are set at £44.99.

Any increase noticed in the US yet??

RE: XBL News - mqstout - 06-09-2009 01:46 PM

zombie67 Wrote:Any increase noticed in the US yet??

Total costs of ownership, on the whole, is increasing.

Things are purposefully being axed from games for later charges (made even easier by the evil that is DLC, whereas, previously, expansion packs were a harder sell). (Example: The Sims 3 was a $100 game if you include all the downloadable content for it that was released at the same time as the game; stuff that was OBVIOUSLY yanked out of the release.)

I haven't seen prices for boxed games drop at all. Actually, I've noticed the reverse trend that prices fall more slowly as a product ages nowadays. However, stores DO more often put things on sale than previously; so, if you hunt for sales, you are more likely to notice lower prices.

Of course, I only speak for the PC side. Console gaming is a tiny part of what I do.

EDIT: Here's a quick recap of the actual reasons for the L4D2 conspiracy: http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/06/08/left-4-dead-2-sparks-consumer-protest

RE: XBL News - deadrabbit - 06-20-2009 06:38 PM

the magic the gethering arcade game just got on xbox live, so if theres any magic players on TZG you should try it out, even if your not they teach you all the rules.

its a very cool game, ai can be a bitch some time but hey thats why they put multiplayer in it.

theres online ranked matches, or custom games with up to four people.

love you

RE: XBL News - zombie67 - 06-20-2009 08:12 PM

deadrabbit Wrote:the magic the gethering arcade game just got on xbox live, so if theres any magic players on TZG you should try it out, even if your not they teach you all the rules.

its a very cool game, ai can be a bitch some time but hey thats why they put multiplayer in it.

theres online ranked matches, or custom games with up to four people.

love you

Might give it a try at some stage!

Noticed you have been back on DR!

Are your 360 troubles sorted now??

RE: XBL News - deadrabbit - 06-21-2009 03:15 AM

umm sorta my bro moved back in so im on his, but i did just send mine in, about a week end shit will be ago.

RE: XBL News - mqstout - 06-21-2009 12:58 PM

I play Magic with paper on a table. No digital version for me. (I've hear they've taken some liberties with the rules, too. Oh well.)