TheZombieGame.com Forums
Purchasing Expansions - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Last Night on Earth (/Forum-Last-Night-on-Earth)
+--- Forum: LNoE General Discussion (/Forum-LNoE-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Purchasing Expansions (/Thread-Purchasing-Expansions)

Pages: 1 2

Purchasing Expansions - Bokya - 09-29-2012 02:33 PM

Just a quick question guys:

Does Survival of the Fittest contain LNOE Hero Pack 1 and Grave Weapons? Or is it standalone? It's a little confusing why there are three expansions offered in the wiki but one of the wiki contains both of the other two. Is this right?

RE: Purchasing Expansions - Emp - 09-29-2012 04:51 PM

All 3 of them are seperate expansions.

RE: Purchasing Expansions - zombielover77 - 09-29-2012 05:23 PM

And all 3 are worth buying :-)

RE: Purchasing Expansions - vikinglad - 09-29-2012 05:29 PM

Grave Weapons is a game mechanic introduced in Survival of the Fittest. It comes with a Grave Weapons deck and little chits to put under the regular zombie minis to show their grave weapon status.

The Grave Weapons expansion needs Survival of the Fittest, as I understand it. I think it comes with minis to use for most (sadly, not all) grave weapons types in the deck from SOTF, but no matching cards for them. It relies on the cards from SOTF, or you can just use them to have some extra different zombie figures. It also comes with a new Grave Weapons zombie, the crawling torso, and its matching 2 cards.

Hero Pack 1 has nothing to do with any of this. It is just new Heroes and a scenario. I think SOTF is the second expansion to get, after Growing Hunger. It adds lots more to the game than the other two. Hope this helps.

RE: Purchasing Expansions - Bokya - 09-30-2012 12:03 AM

(09-29-2012 05:29 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  Grave Weapons is a game mechanic introduced in Survival of the Fittest. It comes with a Grave Weapons deck and little chits to put under the regular zombie minis to show their grave weapon status.

The Grave Weapons expansion needs Survival of the Fittest, as I understand it. I think it comes with minis to use for most (sadly, not all) grave weapons types in the deck from SOTF, but no matching cards for them. It relies on the cards from SOTF, or you can just use them to have some extra different zombie figures. It also comes with a new Grave Weapons zombie, the crawling torso, and its matching 2 cards.

Hero Pack 1 has nothing to do with any of this. It is just new Heroes and a scenario. I think SOTF is the second expansion to get, after Growing Hunger. It adds lots more to the game than the other two. Hope this helps.
That clears up a lot of things, actually.

Just a followup question: What does Grave Weapons do besides the tokens and 2 new cards? Is it worth getting compared to the others, or is it wiser to just grab the other 2 for now and perhaps explore ATOE more?

RE: Purchasing Expansions - SovTech - 10-01-2012 08:38 AM

It adds the minis that you can use instead of the chits... Oh, and the Crawling Torso. You cant live without a Crawling Torso, can you?

I think it is very individually if you should get some more AToE before Grave Weapons.

I would say that If you dont have Something Wicked, then that is paramount. If you do have SW, then its up to you...

RE: Purchasing Expansions - vikinglad - 10-01-2012 06:52 PM

(09-30-2012 12:03 AM)Bokya Wrote:  Just a followup question: What does Grave Weapons do besides the tokens and 2 new cards? Is it worth getting compared to the others, or is it wiser to just grab the other 2 for now and perhaps explore ATOE more?

To be clear, the tokens come with the SOTF expansion. SOTF comes with everything needed to implement the grave weapons mechanic. All the "Grave Weapons" expansion does is give you actual zombie minis for most of the grave weapons (so you don't use the tokens) as well as 1 new type of grave weapon: the torso (with 2 matching cards).

I would say that SOTF and the Hero Pack both add more to the game, and would only recommend the Grave Weapons expansion to someone who absolutely loves the minis (and is inclined to paint them, maybe).

Definitely get Something Wicked for ATOE first, if you haven't already. The new heroes and baddies in that one are great.

RE: Purchasing Expansions - StayPuft - 10-01-2012 08:24 PM

Everybody filled in the details perfectly. Just thought I would add some opinion discussion.

It really is a matter of how much of a collector you are. For example, I absolutely love this game and am absolutely obsessed with it. So, I plan to collect everything for it over time.

However, if you aren't as much of a perfectionist with your collection, you COULD do without, for example, The Zombies with Grave Weapons miniatures set. After all, it doesn't really add much to the game unless you love miniatures (which personally, I do, so I couldn't live without this set when I do finally get Survival of the Fittest).

The only thing it adds that you otherwise wouldn't have is the Crawling Torso (as well as the cards that go with it). I will say, the Crawling Torso is pretty awesome!

Now, if I remember correctly, I believe Hero Pack 1 contains four new heroes, one new scenario, some new cards, and a few new rules. So, you can see, even for being a small expansion, it has quite a bit. Definitely one to pick up if you like to complete the collection.

RE: Purchasing Expansions - Spidey NZ - 10-02-2012 10:07 AM

I have Growing hunger, hero pack one, the revenge of the dead, zombie pillage and just got stock up supplement card packs.

I purchased the grave weapons figure set, but made and printed my own cards based on the game text.

I have pictures of them below

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/Chaospider/Lastnight%20on%20earth/Mikeglasswellcustom.png

I feel my set is complete and just the way i like it. I made make shift barricades out of Lego if we ever wish to make a barricade type game. I thought about what type of Zombie game i wished to have, read up about the expansions and purchased accordingly.

RE: Purchasing Expansions - Bokya - 10-03-2012 04:59 AM

Thanks for that.

I ended up going crazy and buying the following:

LNOE: SotF
LNOE: HP1
LNOE: TP
ATOE
ATOE: SW