TheZombieGame.com Forums
Favorite hero, and why? - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: A Touch of Evil (/Forum-A-Touch-of-Evil)
+--- Forum: AToE General Discussion (/Forum-AToE-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Favorite hero, and why? (/Thread-Favorite-hero-and-why)

Pages: 1 2

Favorite hero, and why? - themanfromsaturn - 10-24-2012 08:22 AM

ATOE has a great, rapidly expanding cast of characters. I'm curious who the fan favorites are.

My personal favorite is Valeria the Eternal. Storywise, I like the fact that she's something of an antiheroine, a monster that goes after other monsters. Game-wise, her aversion to guns and holy items presents a challenge, and her steady supply of IP means I can spend more time exploring cool places and less time gathering up clues from the board- also, the minion blood-draining ability makes victory all the sweeter.

Who do you like, and why?

RE: Favorite hero, and why? - Old Dwarf - 10-24-2012 10:54 AM

This is probably a cop out(no offense-goodcop) but I don't really have a favorite.We play using a series of Generators that
give us the Heros we use (and the Villains as well).The Hero Pack 3 has some interesting ones which I haven't had a chance to try yet.

OD

RE: Favorite hero, and why? - Wasteland Jack - 10-24-2012 01:36 PM

My favorite was Katarina, only because the hit factor, but I really like Brother Marcus now with the ability to cancel a "In Play" card using Stength of Spirit.

Quite honestly though we draw at random so there are heroes I have not played, such as Inspector Cooke. I still have yet to draw him, but comparatively he does not seem as good as some of the others.

RE: Favorite hero, and why? - themanfromsaturn - 10-24-2012 06:55 PM

We generally don't do the random hero draws, we pick and choose.

About Katarina the outlaw- have you tried buying her a dueling pistol from tidewater yet? She's a beast if she can get her hands on one.

For some reason I consider Katarina to be the 'Definitive' ATOE character. Probably because of how she appears on the box

RE: Favorite hero, and why? - Atraangelis - 10-24-2012 08:22 PM

My new favorite is "Argot Blackwell" from TC. HE just has balls.. thats it.

BEfore him it was "Inspector Cooke" he was cool, i like him and was the reason i got the game, sort of like the investigator from Sleepy Hollow.

RE: Favorite hero, and why? - Wasteland Jack - 10-24-2012 08:23 PM

(10-24-2012 06:55 PM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  We generally don't do the random hero draws, we pick and choose.

I was thinking about doing this in my next game. Mainly, so our heroes blend better. One game I remember we drew heroes that were both entirely combat and we got hammered by the Spectral Horseman, mainly the ghost soldiers, because both of our spirits were so low.

(10-24-2012 06:55 PM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  About Katarina the outlaw- have you tried buying her a dueling pistol from tidewater yet? She's a beast if she can get her hands on one.

No I have not had the pleasure. But it is something to look for. Is the dueling pistol a purchased item or a location item? Mind, I have nto played yet with the Coast or either HP.

(10-24-2012 06:55 PM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  For some reason I consider Katarina to be the 'Definitive' ATOE character. Probably because of how she appears on the box

We have always won with her. Get a rifle, especially the hunting rifle or the enchanted pistol and there is no chance you can stop her.

RE: Favorite hero, and why? - MoonSylver - 10-24-2012 10:21 PM

Argh. Ya beat me to it. HAve been planning on doing a "favorites" thread w/ polls, split up by set. Just haven't had the time. Insane19 Insane20

Anyhoo...

Base set: Katarina, Cartwright. Though I'm also fond of Karl & Victor. (Matter of fact the only base set character I'm not overly fond of is Thomas)

SW: Valeria & Captain Hawkins.

HP1: Lucy & The Scarlet Shadow

The Coast: Maria de la Rosa & Argot Blackwell

HP2: Jack Fellows & Fredrick Leone

Not that I DON'T like the other characters. I've DEMOLISHED Villains w/ Anne Marie before. I did quite well against The Seven w/ Sara the Bright Witch & had a lot of fun playing w/ her. Those are just some of my favorites.
---MSWatchmen01

RE: Favorite hero, and why? - Dillon00 - 10-25-2012 12:18 AM

I only have the base game and The Coast. My favorite is probably the manipulative Isabella. I really enjoy having 20+ HP in a Showdown. I haven't played as Liliana yet, but she's pretty awesome. I was playing with a friend and she wiped out the ghost ship in one fight round while my character just sat back and watched.

RE: Favorite hero, and why? - kassle - 10-25-2012 01:44 AM

Evil temptors! I have not branched out beyond LNOE but you are TORTURING ME!!!

RE: Favorite hero, and why? - Old Dwarf - 10-25-2012 01:52 AM

(10-25-2012 01:44 AM)kassle Wrote:  Evil temptors! I have not branched out beyond LNOE but you are TORTURING ME!!!

Come to the Dark Side,surrender is sweet.

OD