TheZombieGame.com Forums
please help me - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Last Night on Earth (/Forum-Last-Night-on-Earth)
+--- Forum: LNoE Variants (/Forum-LNoE-Variants)
+--- Thread: please help me (/Thread-please-help-me)

Pages: 1 2

please help me - Brentis - 11-18-2012 04:08 AM

I do not have Photo shop. I would love for someone to make 4 blank hero cards for me to print from here. If you are really nice, you could add the following names on the cards. Bill, Josh, Matt, Sam.

Thanks.

making a RPG variant and need character sheets.

*EDIT- Bokya has done this for me on page 2 of this thread.

RE: please help me - Orguss - 11-18-2012 04:11 AM

um, you want them absolutely blank? You can download blank ones in the downloads section

RE: please help me - Brentis - 11-18-2012 05:12 PM

The "blank" ones have some writing on them. I need blank cards so we can write in the special rules. My idea is to have blank hero cards, and have the player choose their special rules and write them down on the card. The choices are all the special rules that the other hero cards have. Each rule has a point value assigned to it, and the wounds also have point value. When you start you have 3 points to use to "develop" your character. If I had photo shop, I would have my friends make their characters and then make them with the templates....but I don't and so the pencil will be used...lol. I know that it takes time to make these, so I understand if it can't be done.

RE: please help me - samuraitrev - 11-18-2012 05:30 PM

If I had the skills I'd make you a character. Maybe you could do a trade off with another member? They help you with this project. You help them with theirs. Just an idea...

RE: please help me - Bokya - 11-19-2012 12:20 AM

I can probably do this for you easily. Do you want the cards Totally blank? Or do you want at the very least 1 'Dead' marker on it? Also, will you be printing a 'Points system' Sheet alongside with it?

RE: please help me - samuraitrev - 11-19-2012 12:23 AM

Anyone who helps this guy will get a +1 Rep as well as great karma!

RE: please help me - Brentis - 11-19-2012 12:57 AM

I would like it to be blank except for the names that I mentioned in the origial post. Yes have the dead marker on it with room to make circles for the wounds.

Bokya, do you mean you want me to post what all of the special rule skills point values are?
For those that want to see. I have assigned the skills a point value. The number in the () is the development point cost. Also you start with 2 wounds and Youth, for each additional wound marker you get, it costs 1 development point. Also there are negative abilities that will give you -1 to DP costs.

Special Rules List (cost)
PROTECT AND SERVE (1) – All heroes in the same space as ________, including ________, roll an extra Fight Dice. (you are keyword Law Enforcement)
SAVE SOME SHOTS (1) – Any time the hero would have to discard a Gun Item, roll a D6. On the roll of 3+, it does not have to be discarded.
SHOTGUN MAINTENANCE (3) – When rolling for an out of ammo test when using a shotgun, add 1 to the roll.
SACRIFICE (1) – When in the same space as another hero, you may ignore a wound and let the other hero take it instead. This skill only applies to wounds that are the result of a fight, not from cards or other skills.
STOP THE BLEEDING (1) – At the end of the Hero Turn, may Heal one wound from another Hero in the same space on the roll of a 3+.
QUICK THINKING (1) – May discard an Item at any time to immediately draw a Hero Card or take any Event (except Play Immediately or Townsfolk) out of the Hero Cards discard Pile.
SHARPSHOOTER (1) – The Hero may add 2 to the Range of any Ranged Attack.
DEAD EYE SHOT (2) – Once per turn, the Hero may Re-roll a ranged Attack To Hit roll.
RAPID FIRE (3) – The Hero may now make up to 2 Ranged Attacks per turn, with the same or different Ranged Weapon(s).
RELOAD (3) – Instead of Searching, the Hero may take any Gun or Ammo card from the discard pile.
AIMING (-1) – Must always take the last hero turn.
RESOURCEFUL (2) – When drawing a Hero Card, may take two cards and choose which one to keep. (discard the other)
DARING (1) – May move through and Search in a buildings that have been Taken Over.
LOCK PICK (1) – May ignore Locked Door.
HUMANITY (2) – May take a wound to cancel a Zombie Card that is marked Remains in Play.
FRAIL (-1) – May not use Hand Weapons that are marked Double-Handed.
OBESE (-1) – Minus one on all movement rolls.
LIGHTWEIGHT (-1) – May not use Guns except the Revolver or Pistol.
RECKLESS (1) – If hero ends their Move on a Zombie Spawning Pit, may immediately draw a Hero Card.
LUCKY (3) – Once per fight, may force a Zombie to Re-roll any number of its Fight Dice against you. (Hero’s Choice)
HANDY (2) – May add or subtract one to any roll when testing to see if a Hand Weapon Breaks.
FARMER (1) – While in the cornfield or Barn, may roll an extra Fight Dice.
TOUGH (2) – Wins fights on a tie.
BLITZ! (1) – When entering a space with a Zombie, may immediately fight the Zombie and continue moving.
BEAUTIFUL (1) – Any Male Hero in the same space may roll an extra Fight Dice. (Only female heroes may take this skill)
HIDE (2) – May cancel any fight the hero is in on the roll of 4 + (before Fight Dice are rolled)
FIRST AID (2) – At the end of the Hero Turn, may Heal one wound from another Hero in the same space.
BRAWLING (1) – May cancel any Zombie Fight: Card used against you on the roll of 4+
REBELLIOUS (3) – May not be wounded in a fight as long as you have doubles on any of your Fight Dice. Also, gains as extra Fight Dice while in the same space as another Strange Hero.
CLEAN UP ON AISLE 7 (3) – May take a wound or discard an Item to Kill any Zombie beaten in a fight, even if no doubles were rolled.
TRACK STAR (3) – May add +1 to your Movement Dice roll.
SHERIFF (1) – Starts the game with a Revolver. (you are keyword Law Enforcement)
POLICE (1) – Starts the game with a pistol. (you are keyword Law Enforcement)
GAME WARDEN (1) – Starts the game with a Hunting Rifle. (you are keyword Law Enforcement)
MAN OF ACTION (1) – Starts the game with a Gun. (hero’s choice)
ON DUTY (1) – Starts the game with a pistol or revolver and flashlight. (you are keyword Law Enforcement or Military)
INTUITION (1) – May ignore any Wound on the roll of 6+.
FIRE (1) – Always counts as having a fire item and may ignore Lights Out.
RAGE (2) – Rolls an extra Fight Dice for each Hand Weapon you have.
LONER (1) – Rolls an extra Fight Dice when you are the only hero on a board tile.
JACK OF ALL TRADES (1) – You start the game with one random hero Upgrade.
PILOT (1) – You start the game with a Signal Flare.
RESCUE GEAR (1) – May discard an Item to Heal a wound from yourself or another Hero (except during a fight), or to cancel a Zombie card of the roll of 3+.
ALWAYS ON THE GO (3) – Anytime you roll a 1 or 2 for movement, you may take an extra move action (using the same Movement roll)
SHRUG IT OFF (3) – Anytime the Hero would take a Wound, Roll a D6. On the roll of 5+, prevent that Wound.
KILLING BLOW (2) – The Hero may Kill any Zombie beaten in a Fight on the D6 roll of 4+.
RUSH OF COMBAT (3) – Any time the Hero kills a Zombie in a fight, they may Heal a Wound on the D6 roll of 4+.
KNOCKBACK (3) – When the Hero beats a Zombie in a Fight, they may move that Zombie up to 2 spaces in any direction.
YOUTH (SPECIAL) – May give up a Move Action to fully Heal. (to take this skill you must have only 2 wound markers)

RE: please help me - samuraitrev - 11-19-2012 01:29 AM

Wow! Where did you get this list?

RE: please help me - Bokya - 11-19-2012 02:31 AM

Yeah, that's really easy to work with. If nobody does it within 8 Hours, I'll start on it ASAP as soon as I get home from work. I estimate that it'll take me approximately an hour to finish. (Yes, my work hours are your bed hours.) :p
Followup:
1) Do you need the 'Special Rules' word Removed?
2) Do you want the 'Start:' word Removed?

Comments:
1) You can probably add +1 or -1 for some Starting Locations for your modifiers as well. For instance, Rachelle, I'm assuming gains a +1 for Rolling a Random building for the start. This is due to her never getting the opportunity of getting that Bonus starting card. The Same can be said for Jake's 'Road out of Town' starting location. No First Turn Search, and not in a Safe Zone.
2) With regards to the Picture slot, do you want a placeholder, or a blanked out red area that kind of looks the same as the rest of the card?
3) You're missing the total DP available.
4) Why is Track Star worth 3? O.o Is the balance on the list assuming all FF Heroes are 'Equal' Power?

Note: Waiting for you to update me, so I can begin. :3

RE: please help me - Brentis - 11-19-2012 02:55 PM

I would like the word Special Rules left as is. I would also like the word start left as is. The picture slot should be light, so someone can draw in what they want.

Everyone has 3 Dps to make their character. Track Star is worth 3 because of the wording....add +1 to movement roll....which nets you more unique and survival tactics on a search. If you roll 5 or 6 you get to choose unique and tactics, but with track star you need to roll 4+.

I will post the character creation process next post.

This is what I have for the creation process for a RPG version of this awesome game.

Character Creation for LNOE RPG

You may choose an existing character from the game. This is faster and will be rewarded with the characters unique item, however, might be harder to role play. If you choose to make your own character, you have a good idea of “who” you want to be and role play.
Step one: In the upper left of card you will need a name and title. Example Stacy and under that is Investigative Reporter. This is up to your imagination and helps with making a “role” for you to play.
Step two: In the upper right of card you will need a Start location.
Step three: In the lower left of card you will need a Keyword and gender. Below that you will need a quote. The quote will be the motivation for your role.
Step four: The main body of the character is called Special Rules. This is where you will choose skills and how many wounds you have. You get three development points to spend for this process. Every character starts with two wounds and the Youth skill goes with that amount of wounds. The point costs are as follows:
1 point for each wound circle more than two. You will lose the Youth skill if you choose more wounds than two.
Each skill has a point value in parentheses. Some of the skills have minus one, these are subtracted from your overall development point cost.

Example character using the steps above: I want to make a character that is most like me, so that I can role play myself. So I choose Brent as my name and under that I choose Former Marine. I then choose Gun Store as my Start location. I choose Military as my keyword and my quote is “See that Zombie over there? I bet I can shoot it in the head from 200 yards away.” I then choose the skills Dead Eye Shot (2), Aiming (-1), Obese (-1), Man of Action (1), and 4 wounds (2). 2 minus 1 then minus 1 again, then plus 1 then plus 2 for the wounds =3
So I start in the Gun store with my choice of gun which would be Hunting Rifle.

(11-19-2012 01:29 AM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Wow! Where did you get this list?

I went through every Hero in the game and wrote their special rules down and placed a value with it. Some of the special rules are from heroes made up for The Walking Dead. I made up Obese (I am out of shape), and Frail. I changed the wording on some of them to fit the RPG version and made up some that go with the hero upgrades from Timber Peak. (The rule states that if you pick an upgrade that already exist on your hero...that upgrade gets boosted automatically.)