TheZombieGame.com Forums
Arkham Horror style personal missions - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: A Touch of Evil (/Forum-A-Touch-of-Evil)
+--- Forum: AToE Variants (/Forum-AToE-Variants)
+--- Thread: Arkham Horror style personal missions (/Thread-Arkham-Horror-style-personal-missions)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Arkham Horror style personal missions - ATOEtalGeek - 12-07-2012 09:28 PM

I like this as well. And I like the idea of say 3 cards per character - so when a player succeeds/fails at one they can draw the next one to work on, and so on. I don't know AH at all so I can't help there...but we'll be playing AToE tonight so I'll have to keep this in mind and see if I think of anything to add.

Great idea!

RE: Arkham Horror style personal missions - MoonSylver - 12-08-2012 01:12 AM

(12-02-2012 03:27 PM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  
(12-01-2012 04:14 PM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  Does anyone here have the arkham horror supplement that includes the personal missions? A good starting point might be to look at what they came up with and adapt the missions for the corresponding characters- for instance, ashcan pete the hobo's mission would probably go well with cartwright the drifter.

Ok, I found an arkham horror wiki that has all the personal missions. I'm not going to straight-up cut and paste them over, but a lot of them are close enough to ATOE characters that they can at least provide a jumping off point.

Hm. Didn't know they were available anywhere. I don't know AH, but I may look them over at some point & try to see how they work so I can get my head around them & how they work & would translate into ATOE.

RE: Arkham Horror style personal missions - themanfromsaturn - 12-08-2012 01:52 AM

Here's one for Harlow Morgan;

The Mother of invention; The enemy has powers and abilities that fly in the face of the laws of science, but surely it must have weaknesses as well... a sufficient understanding of the enemy's nature, combined with an adequate power source, should yield an effect that could prove devastating.

Pass- Harlow Morgan discards 10 investigation tokens at either the windmill or the light house. Proceed to "It's working! It's working!"
Fail- At any point, Harlow Morgan has no investigation tokens. Proceed to "Back to the drawing board."

It's working! It's working! The machine comes to life with a steady hum and a crackle of the power electric. The device seems to dispel the darkness itself! Harlow Morgan makes a cunning 5+ test. every success does a number of hits against the villain equal to 1x the number of players.

Back to the drawing board. "I'm a fool!" cries Harlow Morgan, "everything I know of science is a fallacy! The evil we face is beyond human comprehension!" Harlow Morgan takes a -1 cunning marker, then draws and resolves a mystery card