TheZombieGame.com Forums
Hoi Hoi! - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (/Forum-Introduce-Yourself)
+--- Thread: Hoi Hoi! (/Thread-Hoi-Hoi)

Pages: 1 2

Hoi Hoi! - D. Boon's Ghost - 12-08-2012 05:49 PM

Having recently discovered the glory that is Flying Frog Productions, I would be a fool not to join this fountain of fan information.

Great job here, guys and gals. Thanks!

RE: Hoi Hoi! - samuraitrev - 12-08-2012 05:51 PM

Greetings D. Boon's Ghost!
What FFP game(s) do you own?

RE: Hoi Hoi! - Old Dwarf - 12-08-2012 06:13 PM

welcome to TZG DBG

OD

RE: Hoi Hoi! - D. Boon's Ghost - 12-08-2012 06:37 PM

(12-08-2012 05:51 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Greetings D. Boon's Ghost!
What FFP game(s) do you own?

I appreciate the greetings, thanks to both of you.

Being a board gaming novice (other than the classics, of course), I am ashamed to admit that I only recently discovered FFP. I've long wanted to find something that we, as a family, could do together. Why not try board games? I've a wife and two daughters (10 and 12); there aren't too many things that we can all relate to at this point.

My wife is a zombie fan. After reading the glowing reviews for the line, I bought her Last Night on Earth, Growing Hunger, and Survival of the Fittest as a belated b-day/early xmas gift. The entire family has had so much fun with it, I ordered a big chunk of the A Touch Of Evil line (base game, Hero Pack 1, Something Wicked, and the Coast) as the wife's Christmas batch.

And to top it off, I requested Fortune & Glory as my own 'gift wish for the holiday'.

Now, if I can only convince them of the benefits of Martians vs. Carnies, I'll be in Flying Frog heaven this year. Watchmen02

RE: Hoi Hoi! - Old Dwarf - 12-08-2012 07:00 PM

So AToE Hero Pack 2 (in for the penny......) AToE plays different from LNoE it's a co-op so the entire Family
can face the Villain together(it also has a competitive mode but it's still against the villain so no one has
to be directly against anyone).

AToE also has a number of Female Heros which might be a + for your Family.

F&G plays closer to AToE than LNoE

OD

RE: Hoi Hoi! - kassle - 12-09-2012 01:22 AM

Awesome story about you & your family coming together. Welcome!

RE: Hoi Hoi! - jimbal - 12-09-2012 01:33 PM

Greetings and Welcome. This place is addictive...watch your step...there is no self help group for zombie fanatics.

RE: Hoi Hoi! - StayPuft - 12-11-2012 09:03 PM

Awesome story! Welcome to the boards! Your story is somewhat similar to mine. Well... started off similar. I don't have any kids yet. LOL! However, I was much the same as you. I had not really played very many board games beyond the classics like Life, Monopoly, Clue, etc.

Then, some friends introduced us to Last Night On Earth, and I became hooked. So much so that I even got a game night started up at my local comic shop. We've played a lot of LNOE, as well as a bunch of other games some of the guys bring from time to time.

Anyways, welcome to the boards. Hope to see you around a lot more.

RE: Hoi Hoi! - scarydk - 12-11-2012 09:23 PM

Greetings and and welcome.

RE: Hoi Hoi! - D. Boon's Ghost - 12-12-2012 10:45 PM

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Your doing so is most appreciated.

I just had the wife's A Touch of Evil stuff arrive today. As I am sure most of you can relate, I am finding it incredibly difficult not to open them up and start playing before she even lays eyes on them.

Curse you Christmas - and your mocking goodness!

2 more weeks...