TheZombieGame.com Forums
Advanced Abilities Cards - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Last Night on Earth (/Forum-Last-Night-on-Earth)
+--- Forum: LNoE Rules? (/Forum-LNoE-Rules)
+--- Thread: Advanced Abilities Cards (/Thread-Advanced-Abilities-Cards)

Pages: 1 2

Advanced Abilities Cards - alderdust - 01-29-2013 10:30 PM

Just a few questions that came to mind.

1. Are the AA cards hero specific?
2. What about with the new characters from TP?
3. Since the experience system came out in TP...is the AA supplement obsolete now?
4. What are the requirements to get the AA for a hero? Could it be drawn from a pile if you choose versus the experience abilities from TP?

RE: Advanced Abilities Cards - samuraitrev - 01-29-2013 10:58 PM

1) Yes there's a AA card for every Hero up to SotF. There's also 4 available for the Zombies too.
2) They don't have AA cards.
3) Acording to Jason C. Hill it's fully compatible. When I get in front of my PC I will find you the official answer.
4) In any Turn a Hero kills 1 or more Zombie(s). That Hero gets 1 point. When that Hero scores 3 points he/she gets their own AA.

The Zombies get an AA any Turn they kill 1 or more Heroes.

Remember, you can never get more than 1 point per Hero in one Turn.

4) (ii) I need to look this part up.

RE: Advanced Abilities Cards - Achtung Panzer - 01-29-2013 11:00 PM

If I remember right the AA are specific to heroes (at least those that were around at the time of the expansion) whilst the Zombie ones are picked at random and are generic.

Same mechanic as TP - 1 wound inflicted = 1 Experience. Heroes cash in 3 experience for first AA, then 3 + 1 for the second, 3 + 2 for the third etc.

I prefer the AA in TP to the AA suppliment, not sure if it is now obsolete but I guess sales will fall as TP matures in the market.

RE: Advanced Abilities Cards - alderdust - 01-29-2013 11:04 PM

Yeah I'm a fan of the TP experience system but was wondering if these could be included as a choice for like your first upgrade since it would cost 3 same as experience upgrade

RE: Advanced Abilities Cards - Achtung Panzer - 02-05-2013 08:34 PM

(01-29-2013 10:58 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Remember, you can never get more than 1 point per Hero in one Turn.

Trev - your fuller explanation of this seems to have been lost in the "Great Crash". Can you re-post your answer to my question about how many Experience Tokens a Hero gains if he kills a Zombie in Ranged Combat and another in Close Combat in his turn?

Thanks

RE: Advanced Abilities Cards - samuraitrev - 02-05-2013 09:06 PM

Remember the 1 point per Turn only applies to AA. You are playing TP correctly. In TP you get 1 point per wound caused.

RE: Advanced Abilities Cards - alderdust - 02-06-2013 12:26 AM

Correct so if you were to kill a zombie hero instead of wounding him you would fill up all wound boxes and collect the appropriate 2-4 experience tokens if it currently had no wounds.

RE: Advanced Abilities Cards - Achtung Panzer - 02-06-2013 09:13 AM

(02-05-2013 09:06 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Remember the 1 point per Turn only applies to AA. You are playing TP correctly. In TP you get 1 point per wound caused.

Gotcha! So you can only "cash in" Experience tokens once per turn, but actually gain Experience once per wound.

(02-06-2013 12:26 AM)alderdust Wrote:  Correct so if you were to kill a zombie hero instead of wounding him you would fill up all wound boxes and collect the appropriate 2-4 experience tokens if it currently had no wounds.

Good call! I hadn't realised that.

RE: Advanced Abilities Cards - labrys - 02-08-2013 01:34 PM

(02-05-2013 08:34 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  Trev - your fuller explanation of this seems to have been lost in the "Great Crash".

Zombies bit through the server power wires? Own up.. who placed a lights out in the server room?!?!

RE: Advanced Abilities Cards - alderdust - 01-24-2014 08:04 PM

It seems this questions came up on BGG and the answer got lost in the "great crash" of server so I am reposting it.

This is a quote from Jason C. Hill on the advanced abilities and how they work in the Timber Peak/Blood in the Forest System. Note that a heroes upgrade is paid like normal depending on when they choose their respective advanced ability, 3 exp for 1st upgrade, 3exp+1 for 2nd, 3exp+2 for 3rd, etc.

The zombies advanced ability upgrade is 5 exp since they are a little more powerful than the normal 3 exp upgrades.

Quote:JCHILL7:

The Advanced Abilities Supplement does work in combo with the Timber Peak Experience System (it was a 'preview' of the types of things we would be doing with Hero Upgrades). There are a few tweaks to the Advanced Abilities Rule sheet to bring it fully in line with the Timber Peak Experience system as follows:

- A Hero's Advanced Ability works just like a normal Hero Upgrade - get enough Experience Tokens to get an Upgrade and you can choose to take a Random card from the top of an Upgrade Deck (Melee, Ranged, or Special), or you can take the Hero's unique Advanced Ability that is only available to them. Hero Advanced Ability cards count exactly like Hero Upgrades in every way (other than that they are unique to a specific Hero).

- Zombie Advanced Abilities are slightly different than normal Zombie Upgrades in that they are stronger, permanant bonuses and so cost 5 Experience Tokens each (instead of the normal 3). Draw randomly from the Zombie Advanced Abilities cards.

This replaces the previous method for getting Experience on the original version of the Advanced Abilities Rule sheet (it was originally that Heroes could only collect up to 1 Experience Token per turn and that Zombies only got an Advanced Ability by killing a Hero - this was to slow down the system a bit when there were fewer Upgrades to be had, and when there weren't other normal Hero and Zombie cards to support the system).

Anyone who purchases the Advanced Abilities Supplement now is receiving the new version of the Rule sheet (with these changes) and the plan is to post the new Rule sheet on the website as a free download shortly (with the changes noted above).

The new Heroes in Timber Peak do not have Advanced Abilities yet (they did just start fighting Zombies afterall ;> ). The intent is to address this in a future Supplement, once a few more Timber Peak era Heroes are released.

Hope this clears up any confusion. Happy Gaming!

-Jason

Jason C. Hill
Flying Frog Productions