TheZombieGame.com Forums
Dot Cards - Scenario Special Rule Cards / Dice Rule Cards - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Last Night on Earth (/Forum-Last-Night-on-Earth)
+--- Forum: LNoE Variants (/Forum-LNoE-Variants)
+--- Thread: Dot Cards - Scenario Special Rule Cards / Dice Rule Cards (/Thread-Dot-Cards-Scenario-Special-Rule-Cards-Dice-Rule-Cards)

Pages: 1 2

Dot Cards - Scenario Special Rule Cards / Dice Rule Cards - labrys - 02-28-2013 10:34 PM

[Image: CardPile.JPG]
I created a set of cards with brief versions of the Optional scenario rules, and costs so you can mix match and decide how to play your games. Also a dice roll round-up card.

The Dots cost cards assist in choosing modifications to the existing scenario's rules, help you keep count of what each side has 'spent' and acts as a reference for during the game.

The Dice cards should assist in playing the game (if you are fairly new to the game) an list the typical rolls no of dice etc hand sizes for 1 & 2 zombie players, and the Heroes.

You can get it Here [Updated: 2013-03-04 Now V1.1 "Better Backs"]

RE: Dot Cards - Scenario Special Rule Cards / Dice Rule Cards - friskers96 - 02-28-2013 11:36 PM

Not sure if I can do this but +1 rep. This is very helpful, good job

RE: Dot Cards - Scenario Special Rule Cards / Dice Rule Cards - abomination - 03-01-2013 12:08 AM

very cool and helpful. should make custom game scenarios easier to make. thank you.

RE: Dot Cards - Scenario Special Rule Cards / Dice Rule Cards - scarydk - 03-02-2013 01:25 AM

Pretty kewl. On my wanted list.

Any tips on printing?

RE: Dot Cards - Scenario Special Rule Cards / Dice Rule Cards - friskers96 - 03-02-2013 03:03 AM

Color front/back and laminated at kinkos!

RE: Dot Cards - Scenario Special Rule Cards / Dice Rule Cards - labrys - 03-02-2013 12:38 PM

(03-02-2013 01:25 AM)scarydk Wrote:  Any tips on printing?
They should be aligned so p1 is aligned with p2 when flipped horizontally.. p3 aligned with p4 etc.

Print on card (makes it feel thicker after laminating, I found them flimsy if I didn't, although depends on your laminating pouch thickness too), print on one side (eg p1), then flip card/paper over and print p2. Do the same for 3 and 4. Cut them out.. then laminate (and maybe cut to preference again - That’s what I did anyway!).

I got a cheap A4 Laminator on Amazon.. sweet! But I don't laminate a4 because that's expensive.. I got several hundred of those bus pass sized ones for a few quid and laminated each card, but up to you.

I have a printer that prints on one side then turns it over and prints on that, so saved me a lot of bother.. but dependant on your printer you would have to work out which way it goes in /comes out. My other/older one I just had to 180 the page that came out to print on the other side (when I was making my custom talisman cards a few years back).

I'll put up a alignment print guide if you want. Print p1 on one side, p2 (which is just p1 flipped) on the other side hold it up to light and see how it lines up. One of my printers was bang on.. one at work was 15 pixels out so I had to make a custom 15 px to one side print for that one, boo.

RE: Dot Cards - Scenario Special Rule Cards / Dice Rule Cards - labrys - 03-02-2013 03:35 PM

(02-28-2013 11:36 PM)friskers96 Wrote:  Not sure if I can do this but +1 rep. This is very helpful, good job

Cheers! Flattery will get you everywhere.. and I'm a rep whore!

RE: Dot Cards - Scenario Special Rule Cards / Dice Rule Cards - labrys - 03-02-2013 05:14 PM

Printer alignment guide here

You can see how far off it is by holding the page up to the light and comparing the vertical line with what diagonal line it is bisecting. (the squares help to see how many out it it with each line being a pixel (and two for the middle square. Each major square being 10 pixels (if any of that makes sense?)

Hopefully you should notice nothing as it should be the same the other side!

RE: Dot Cards - Scenario Special Rule Cards / Dice Rule Cards - scarydk - 03-02-2013 10:33 PM

Thanks Labrys for your hard work and for sharing your print skills! You just earned yourself another +1 rep, friend.

RE: Dot Cards - Scenario Special Rule Cards / Dice Rule Cards - friskers96 - 03-03-2013 08:29 PM

My wife and I had another couple over last night and LNOE hit the table pretty fast. (My wife's friends husband saw my minis being painted and wanted to play). They had never played and these helped A LOT! I thought we were in for an epic 4hr game of on the fly rule explanations, but these shortened the curve quite a bit. We did a 2 on 2 battle of the sexes, guys won WOOT!