TheZombieGame.com Forums
The Conjuring (movie) - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Media (/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: The Conjuring (movie) (/Thread-The-Conjuring-movie)

The Conjuring (movie) - LabRat - 08-26-2013 02:28 PM

Has anyone seen this yet? Saw it this past weekend with my girlfriend and I loved it.

RE: The Conjuring (movie) - SoCalRMD - 08-26-2013 05:00 PM

I loved it as well, thought it was a truly creepy movie with some good scares. They already have a sequel planned. Not the same family or house, the movies will follow the Warrens and the various cases they have had over the years, I think this could be a good anthology series during halloween time.

RE: The Conjuring (movie) - Irish Daigle - 08-26-2013 08:10 PM

Jimbal hounded me every chance he got until I broke down and checked it out. I thought it was one of the more genuinely creepy movies I've seen in recent years. It has an almost perfect mix of tension-building and jump scare, such that once the movie begins you can never truly have that tension relieved until it's all over. It is, in its way, an exhausting movie because of that. But that's part of what makes it great.

RE: The Conjuring (movie) - jimbal - 08-26-2013 10:59 PM

Yeah... Word

RE: The Conjuring (movie) - LabRat - 08-27-2013 08:14 PM

I hope this brings back the horror genre that's not of the "found footage" type. I like all of the acting, the kids looked genuinely scared out of their wits.

RE: The Conjuring (movie) - SoCalRMD - 08-27-2013 11:17 PM

I don't mind found footage movies as much as others do but I will agree it has over taken the market. I love this movie because it is a slow burn, it has good pacing and build up, keeps you going with a scare or two, and then $&@?;Insane19 gets real lol. Blumhouse and Jason Blum have definitely found a great niche and a way of makng movies scary again.