TheZombieGame.com Forums
DISTRICT-Z is Alive! - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Anything Goes (/Forum-Anything-Goes)
+--- Thread: DISTRICT-Z is Alive! (/Thread-DISTRICT-Z-is-Alive)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: DISTRICT-Z is Alive! - Old Dwarf - 10-16-2013 11:32 AM

Hey members if you haven't checked District-Z out, you should do so It's a cool game & backing is only $25.
The Project is in it's final weeks & still hasn't broken 50% yet. I'm not a big fan of Zombie Games nor of Card
Games but I sure would like to play District-Z,it's loaded with Theme & rules are tight.

Sarku has promised a major announcement today (it's not up yet but he's not a morning person) I hope it's
dinner with Hope (Crystal just scares the hell out of me for some reason).

Seriously check this out, I would love us to make this happen.

OD

RE: DISTRICT-Z is Alive! - Old Dwarf - 10-16-2013 04:29 PM

Well Sarku finally rolled out of bed & gave the update...alas it has nothing to do with Hope.
He's added a 9 card expansion with the characters from the Brandi Bare comic for $5.

Now my last comic was Donald Duck in 1952 so I know nothing about Brandi Bare (double alas
she actually has a stuffed Bear so we do get a lot of Teen skin but no money shots) but the comic
drawings although well done do differ from the realistic Game Cards.

OD

RE: DISTRICT-Z is Alive! - Sarku - 10-17-2013 11:29 AM

Sorry. No dinner with Hope. :-/

RE: DISTRICT-Z is Alive! - Sarku - 10-17-2013 11:33 AM

TZG.com has 1600 members... If around 12% of my faithful followers would back District-Z, it'd be pretty much successful. I could use your help! I'd love to see this game make it.

RE: DISTRICT-Z is Alive! - tennisshoe15 - 10-18-2013 04:01 AM

I saw the game was just about to the half way mark so I had to pledge to push it over. It looks like a great game. Honestly, I was coming to this forum to promote the game, and then saw it was made by you. Impressive.

RE: DISTRICT-Z is Alive! - Sarge - 10-18-2013 10:46 AM

The Carnival add on looks great....I couldn't help but up my pledge.

RE: DISTRICT-Z is Alive! - Old Dwarf - 10-18-2013 11:42 AM

(10-18-2013 10:46 AM)Sarge Wrote:  The Carnival add on looks great....I couldn't help but up my pledge.

Yes,I'll throw in the extra $5 to add to my pledge.

OD

RE: DISTRICT-Z is Alive! - Achtung Panzer - 10-18-2013 03:32 PM

Done my bit, though the page still read "Shipping to USA" even though I'd chosen the Europe pledge option.

Good luck

RE: DISTRICT-Z is Alive! - Sarku - 10-19-2013 06:57 PM

Thank you everybody!!! Watchmen02

RE: DISTRICT-Z is Alive! - alderdust - 10-20-2013 01:55 AM

Hey Sarku I wish you the best of luck in your kickstarter campaign I read about the game and watched the videos and decided the game wasn't for me, however I am happy for your success. If you are curious what may have enticed me to pledge and even at a higher amount keep reading... if the game would of included miniature heroes instead of portrait pictures that would of pulled me closer. Also I do not back kickstarter campaigns that have add ons....being a completist I want everything possible to receive to be within the initial pledge and the kickstarter stretch goals instead of increasing the funds to support the game.

I was a little worried about the dice matching mechanic...it would of been simpler if it was like risk and the highest numbers match up instead of choosing how to match them. I understand the humor behind the teddy bear item and trying to separate yourself from other zombie games with some unique items however I felt a lot of the wording on cards such as extra ammo is just a rip off of the exact text used in the LNOE games we all support here.

Anyways hopefully you take this as good criticism. The game looks fast but until I see the multiplayer demo I am on the fence maybe if it gets funded and is available ill get my copy at a later date.

You should look into running a contest on BGG to get the word out.
Best of luck mate!