TheZombieGame.com Forums
king of tokyo - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Board Games (/Forum-Board-Games)
+--- Thread: king of tokyo (/Thread-king-of-tokyo--4873)

Pages: 1 2

king of tokyo - soundguy - 09-30-2013 01:04 PM

played that this weekend.

It's made by the same guy that made Magic the gathering i'm pretty sure.

In it, you play of of a handfull of super monsters attacking each other or tokyo. ( meka-dragon, giga-sauras, etc.. etc. classic tokyo monsters.. robot bunny.. etc...

anyway. you can win by earning fame points or eliminating all the other monsters. basically play zone is 'everything outside ' tokyo or tokyo itself ( including tokyo bay in a 5-6 player game )

each creature has some upgrade cards it can buy.. plus there are some generic upgrade cards from a deck anyone can buy.

good fast paced game... enough rules to play.. not overly 'rule-e'

RE: king of tokyo - Emp - 10-02-2013 09:35 PM

I own this game for a year now. The english version has an expansion on it already.
Played it with 2,3 and 4 players and I prefered playing it with 3.

It's a fun game and since I bought the dutch version i can play it with my oldest son (12 years).
Unfortunatly there is no translated expansion yet.

RE: king of tokyo - soundguy - 10-03-2013 08:31 PM

check out city of horror.. it is multi-lingiual rules.. and the cards are icon driven.

RE: king of tokyo - Emp - 10-03-2013 10:45 PM

Will do thanks Watchmen02

RE: king of tokyo - ch82 - 10-08-2013 02:47 PM

I highly recommend the power up expansion

RE: king of tokyo - soundguy - 10-08-2013 05:26 PM

yes, deffinately. adds another facet tot he play that gets quite comical at times!

RE: king of tokyo - alderdust - 10-09-2013 10:49 AM

I recently played Escape: the Curse of the Temple it's only a 10 minute game that runs on a soundtrack timer but players roll dice and attempt to explore a temple to find the exit before the temple collapses it's like a coop game of Yahtzee on speed. I love king of Tokyo as well and have the power up expansion and probably will be getting the Halloween expansion too.

RE: king of tokyo - soundguy - 10-09-2013 01:54 PM

post more about the game. tile based? or map based?

thanks

RE: king of tokyo - alderdust - 10-09-2013 03:53 PM

It's a tile based game you start out in the beginning chamber and explore around building the map with new tiles so every game is different. Here is a video of rules and a play through.

Incase the embedded video doesn't work: http://youtu.be/wvFEj49Q6Z0

RE: king of tokyo - soundguy - 10-09-2013 03:55 PM

i gotta get that!