TheZombieGame.com Forums
An old Rule I used to use... - Printable Version

+- TheZombieGame.com Forums (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Last Night on Earth (/Forum-Last-Night-on-Earth)
+--- Forum: LNoE Variants (/Forum-LNoE-Variants)
+--- Thread: An old Rule I used to use... (/Thread-An-old-Rule-I-used-to-use)

An old Rule I used to use... - bpumphrey - 02-12-2014 04:19 AM

I felt like sharing an old Home Rule I used to use before getting any expansions.
It was basically a precursor to the Exploration Markers with a more D&D feel. I always like to announce what I'm doing as the Zombie Player in a Dungeon Master way.
I would randomly scatter the Numeric Tokens, facedown in any building without a Hero, or maybe even with if we wanted to use ALL the tokens and it was necessary.
Numeric Tokens would be flipped as soon as a Hero entered a building with one.
When a Token was flipped it's number represented Random Encounter.

1 : This token may be discarded when a Hero Searches this building to take any Gun card from Hero Deck or Discard Pile.
2 : This token may be discarded when a Hero Searches this building to take any Hand Weapon card from the Hero Deck or Discard Pile.
3 : This token may be discarded when a Hero Searches this building to take any green bordered Item card from the Hero Deck or Discard Pile.
4 : This token may be discarded when a Hero Searches this building to take any Townsfolk - Event card from the Hero Deck or Discard Pile.
5 : This token may be discarded when a Hero Searches this building to take any Townsfolk - Event card from the Hero Deck or Discard Pile.
6 : Hero Finds Bonus Hero.
7 : Zombie Player places Hero and 1 Zombie, removing from elsewhere on the board if necessary, on any square in building and a Lights Out Marker on the building. Hero movement ends, but can make a Ranged attack before Fighting the Zombie.
8 : Zombie Player places Taken Over Marker on building, and at least 1 Zombie, removing from elsewhere on the board if necessary. Hero movement ends in square outside of door they entered.

RE: An old Rule I used to use... - soundguy - 02-12-2014 02:06 PM

before search tokens were out , sometimes we let the her's start with a couple random draws. have dome similar in other games. once did this in arkham horror and let the herors each start out with a random skill or random premium item/artifact. or any specific generic item.